Looking Up: Measuring F/S
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/22/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4611, p7
The article offers information on developments related to then food service industry in Great Britain, which include the low profit earned by sustainable water firm Belu and the move of chef Nuno Mendes to divulge details of his plan to launch his restaurant Viajante.
- DEVOTING MORE SPACE AND TIME: C-STORES GROW IN SIZE, HOURS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the sales performance of food service operations in commercial stores or c-stores for 2000. Growth in business-and-industry food service operations; Function of c-stores in colleges; Average transaction of hospital c-stores; Sales growth of beverages in college and university c-stores.
- New McKinsey study: Foodservice leaves $$$ billions on table. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p6
Highlights the financial performance of the foodservice industry in the United States in 1999, according to a report by McKinsey & Co. Lack of impressive profit growth; Average annual turnover; Operating profit; Factors that could bring more sales and profits to the industry.
- Contract chains feel hit of slow economy and Sept. 11 terror aftermath. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p78
Discusses results of a survey conducted by the periodical 'Nation's Restaurant News' on the financial performance of food service contract chains which were ranked below the top 100 chains in the U.S. for 2002. Sportservice Corp.; Guckenheimer Enterprises; Bon Appetit Management Co.; All...
- Allied Domecq's 6-mos. profit increases 14%, revs up 4%. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/5/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants for the six months ended February 28, 2003. Rise in operating profits; Earnings per share; Total revenues; Same-store sales.
- TOP 100 COMPANIES RANKED BY GROWTH IN U.S. FOODSERVICE REVENUE. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p86
Ranks the top 100 restaurant companies based on growth of food service revenue in the United States in 1999. Harrah's Entertainment Inc.; Mirage Resorts Inc.; ICH Corp.; Checkers Drive-In Inc.; Mandalay Resort Group; American Hospitality Concepts Inc.; Starbucks Corp.; Morrison Management...
- Worldwide briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/25/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4219, p8
Presents news briefs on the hotel industry and food service in Europe as April 25, 2002. Decrease in net profits reported by Marriott International during the first quarter of 2002; Increase in sales reported by McDonald's in Europe; Decrease in the number of overnight stays in Zwitzerland...
- Can fast-food chain rival Yum's brands? Sudhaman, Arun // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/25/2003, p13
Cafe de Coral Restaurant is often derided for its downmarket image, but recent results illustrate that the fast-food chain, or 'quick service restaurant' as it terms itself, continues to flourish, despite the soft economy. Net profit for 2003 was a comfortable HKdollars 315 million for Hong...
- FINANCE. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p9
The article offers news briefs in the restaurant industry in the U.S. McDonald's Corp. has gained an increase of 1.9 percent for July 2006 in U.S. same-store sales compared to previous year. Brinker International Inc. has announced a 46.7-percent surge in fourth-quarter profits. Operator of...