Infused With American Fare: Authentic Japanese cuisine
- Serving the Sophisticated Student. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p41
The article discusses the efforts made by Rich Uhl, director of dining services at Keio Academy in Purchase, New York and his staff to serve the school's students. Since Japanese tends to travel more than the U.S. people, Uhl knows that whatever he serves must be authentic because they will know...
- CulinArt uses its noodle. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Reports that Lake Success, New York-based food service contractor CulinArt Inc. has won the account of Keio Academy of Purchase, New York, the largest Japanese private school in the United States. Value of the account; Challenge to company; Menu mix; Hiring of a Japanese chef.
- WHICH EYES DEBIT CARD, TACO BELL: NJ schools sign CulinArt. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p32
Reports that CulinArt, a food service contractor, has won a contract to manage the food programs at three of the Livingston, New Jersey district schools. Number of students and staff it will serve; Terms of the agreement.
- Survey: Kids Want Wider Ethnic Choices. // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p12
The article presents the Dream Kitchen Survey conducted by Y-Pulse LLC examining the notion school-aged students about ethnic choices in school cafeterias in the U.S. The survey reveals that school children are interested in having a broader variety of authentic ethnic foods and cross-cultural...
- Common Denominators. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p74
The article focuses on the strategies used by Richard Uhl, director of dining services at the Keio School and Jeff Basom, chef at Bastyr University in dealing with challenges in cooking. The consultant has been invaluable in helping Uhl navigate the nuances of Japanese cuisine and better...
- Sushi's Star Power. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p38
The article considers how popular sushi has become in the U.S. foodservice industry. A Kikkoman study conducted in January 2005 revealed that less than one-quarter of the U.S. adults had eaten sushi. But in 2006, there are about 9,000 sushi bars across the country. Foodservice operators indicate...
- The Authentic Way. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p46
The article features the ethnic dishes being offered at Saint Joseph's College of Maine in Standish. Bon Appetit general manager Stuart Leekie explained that their dishes are prepared in connection with some cultural and social events. The facility served Japanese cuisine during an Evening in...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.