An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: Corning's `First' Ever Chef Embraces Scratch-Cooking
- Customers Number 700-800: Corning opens cafeteria OCS, catering, pantry. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
Looks at the food service facility at a Corning Inc. plant in Midland, North Carolina which includes a cafeteria, catering, office coffee service and stocking pantries. Comments from dining services supervisor Michael Sweet; Menu offered; Prices of the food items.
- FOOD UPGRADED, NOT UPSCALED: Corning cafeteria makeover boosts sales, seats, checks. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p54
Reports the renovation made to an employee cafeteria at Corning Inc. in New York. Changes to its Sullivan Park Cafe; Implications of its upgraded food and food service.
- Corning converts to self-op. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p60
Features the foodservice program at Corning Inc., a Corning, New York-based manufacturer of glass, ceramics, dishware and optical fiber. decision to self-operate the program; Expansion of cafeterias, carts and catering; Total number of daily transactions; Annual savings; Total annual sales...
- TRENDS: More units mix house, signat. brands. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p90
Reports on the increase in signature brands offered in the food service industry. Information on the foodservice operations of MetLife; Brand line-up available to MetLife employees; Food brand available in Corning, Inc.; Brand menu offered at American Family Insurance in Wisconsin.
- Bringing culinary planning to Corning's catering biz. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p120
Highlights the mission of Pat Dugan Vacca, culinary planner for Corning Culinary Services, to upgrade menus and presentation throughout the foodservice program at Corning Inc. of Corning, New York. Revamp of menus for all employee cafeterias; Improved cooking and presentation methods; Seasonal...
- Lofty Returns. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p50
Deals with the popularity of pizza in the United States. Variety of pizza being offered by food service operators; Ethnic flavor influences on pizza dough; Versatility of the menu item; Selected pizza recipes.
- SPOTLIGHT ON SiDE dishes. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the ingredients needed for the enhancement of main dishes in Idaho. Imagination on simple or exotic cooking; Considerations on the favorites of customers; Creativity in food preparation.
- Mexican and beyond. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p72
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Hispanic dishes in the U.S. Dishes offered at cafeterias operated by Sodexho/Wood Dining Services for Air Products; Recipe for Turkey Wrap With Plantain Chips; Preparation for skirt steak with grilled cactus paddles.
- Hale and Hearty Vegan EntrÃ©es. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the strategies in preparing a vegan cuisine. Ways to prepare a vegan meals in restaurants; Ingredients; Technique in making a tofu sauce.