Hails `Sticking to Our Knitting': Ogden/VSA exec. eyes stadium growth
- Ogden, Volume services merge. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on Ogden Corp. Entertainment Group's agreement to acquire Volume Services America Inc. and to form the entity Ogden VSA.
- A Change of Plans: Ogden/VSA deal off. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the change in the plans of Ogden Corp. to acquire Volume Services America Inc. in September 1999. Reasons for the change in plans; Resignation of the chairman and chief executive officer of Ogden.
- Ogden to acquire Volume Services in $342M pact. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/05/99, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p1
Reports the acquisition of Volume Services America (VSA) by Ogden Corp in New York. Terms and advantages of the acquisition deal; Services provided by Ogden VSA; Union activity in Tinseltown Studios; Proposed wage cutback and service-charge-sharing-deal of Ogden; Features of Tinseltown Studios...
- VSA for Denver Broncos in '01. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the concessionaire and suit caterer that was named by the Denver, Colorado, Metropolitan Football Stadium District for the stadium that will host the Denver Broncos football team fans in 2001. Number of concession stands that will be opened at the stadium; Amount Volume Services...
- Competitor won't gobble up arena supplier. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p13
Reports that Ogden Entertainment, a division of Ogden Corp., would not buy Volume Services America Inc., the Van Andel Arena's food and beverage supplier. Reason of Ogden for revoking its acquisition agreement with Volume Services America; Estimated price of the discontinued acquisition.
- NEARLY A DOZEN ON ISLANDS: VSA lands Luau, Aloha Bowl. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on Volume Services America, the entertainment and sports event food service provider in Hawaii. Details on the venues served by the company, such as the Paradise Cove Luau; Catering brands of Volume Services.
- A SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT: VSA LAUNCHES FACILITIES DIV. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p24
Announces the launch of the facility management division of Volume Services America. Appointment of Dan Smith by Volume; Smith's goals to the division; Advantages of offering facility management.
- ARENAS AND STADIUMS: VSA expands in east arenas. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the foodservice contract of Volume Services America with Williams-Brice Stadium of the University of South Carolina in Columbia. Services to be provided by the company to the university stadium; Information on the services provided by the company to the Bridgeport Arena in Connecticut.
- 100 EMPLOYEES SINCE 1999: VSA training at U.-Fla. conts. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the management seminar held by Volume Services America for its food service workers. Estimated number of employees who graduated from the program; Topics covered by the professors; Coverage of the training program.