Creating $2.6B Travel Operator: Host Marriott links with Autogrill
- Autogrill SpA to acquire Host Marriott Services. Carlino, Bill // Nation's Restaurant News;08/02/99, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p1
Highlights the acquisition of Host Marriott Services by Italian catering company Autogrill SpA. Comments from William McCarten, Host Marriott's chief executive; Terms of the deal; Economic performance of Host Marriott Services for the second quarter of 1999; Brief information on Autogrill SpA.
- US sees no antitrust issue for Host Marriott-Autogrill. Papiernek, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/23/99, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p12
Reports that the United States federal government has no objection to the proposed sale of Host Marriott Services Corp. to the Italian foodservice company Autogrill.
- Host Marriott mauls mall plan, eyes airports. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports that Host Marriott Services Corp. is planning its strategies with parent company AutoGrill SpA. Focus on airport and travel plaza segments; International expansion plans.
- Johnson named new HMSHost President and CEO. // PAX International;Sep2014, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
The article informs that Steve Johnson has been named new president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the airport food-service company Host Marriott Services Corp. (i.e., HMSHost), who will replace Tom Fricke, as announced by the catering firm Autogrill SpA.
- Alpha Retail's Peter Williams: Business as usual after Autogrill deal. // Travel Markets Insider Magazine;Fall2007, p123
The article focuses on the acquisition of Alpha Airports Group PLC by Autogrill SpA. The company also announced many new contracts and international initiatives. It could be noted that Alpha is involved in three main businesses including inflight catering, airport food & beverage and duty free...
- Caprilo Set To Drive Autogrill Into U.S. Market. Matta, L. Matthew // Bank Loan Report;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p1
Reports that Autogrill SpA will use two credit facilities agented by Caprilo to support its acquisition of Host Marriott Services Corporation. Total amount of the facilities; Background on the multi-currency facilities; Information on Autogrill's offer to Host Marriott.
- Host Marriott wins concessions contract in China; 3Q falls short. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/28/98, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p18
Reports that Host Marriott Services Corp. has been awarded a contract to provide food and retail concessions at the Shenzen Huangtian International Airport in Shenzen, China. Overview on the financial shortfalls encountered by the company; Revenue aimed to be achieved by Host Marriott by the...
- With courtyard seating, table-service for 150: Themes unite concessions at Montreal Intl. airport. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p74
Reports that Host Marriott Services Corp. has been awarded the food service contract at Dorval Airport in Montreal, Quebec. Projected annual revenue from the ten-year contract; Host Marriott's remodeling and development project; Local restaurants slated to set up locations at Dorval.
- New concepts at Host. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on Host Marriott Services which is considering the concept of airport food service as it introduces a mix of national and local restaurants to National Hall at Washington's National Airport which debuted in July 1997. Information on some of the concepts; Information on some of the...