MarketCapsule: Avg. Checks Are Stepping Up
- 2nd-tier hotel brands cast wary eye on cloudy economic horizon. Ruggles, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p76
Reports the performance of the hotel chains in the annual ranking of top restaurants in the United States. Sales generated from hotel food and beverage; Hotel companies included in the survey; Comparison of the sale performance of the companies between 2000 and 2001.
- snapshot: BREAKFAST IS CHAMPION. Toglia, Michelle // Restaurant Business;Jul2007, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p16
The article presents statistics related to the serving of breakfast meals in restaurants. Breakfast meals in restaurants comprised 19 percent of their total sales in 2006. The total sales of breakfast bars increased by 69 percent from 2002 to 2007. The sales of morning meals elevated by seven...
- B&I Operations Weigh in. // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p50
The article presents statistics related to food service based on a survey of 50 companies, including the average foodservice sales, percentage of operators that provide vending services for their customers, and percentage of operators that employ an executive chef at their locations.
- Houston. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/7/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 23, p18
Statistics are presented on the sales and sales per capita of the foodservice community in the greater Houston metropolitan area in Texas in 2010 and projected sales increases in 2015.
- By the numbers. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/18/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p28
This section presents statistics on the total global sales of the top 25 international restaurant chains in 2012, including total locations, the average rate of year-over-year global sales growth for chains, and sales of 7-Eleven.
- TRUCKGAUGE. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p20
Statistics relating to the status of the U.S. commercial trucking business in November 2011 are presented including the percentage increase in retail and food service sales, the growth in the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) New Orders manufacturing index, and the addition of new payroll...
- Restaurant industry expects record $426 billion in sales. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, pS7
Reports on projected restaurant industry sales in 2003 according to the National Restaurant Association's (NRA) 2003 Restaurant Industry Forecast. Catalysts that will propel the restaurant industry into another year of real growth; Projected sales growth of the full-service sector; Sales...
- Forecast 2003: Growth uptick despite stormy economy. Liddle, Alan J.; Peters, James // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
Details the National Restaurant Association forecast of growth in food-and-drink sales in the U.S. for 2003. Need for the federal government to implement a fiscal-stimulus policy that will restore consumer confidence and attract investment; Optimism of operators in the casual-dining segments. ...
- Operators fear post-9/11 economy could prove too taxing in 2003. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p50
Predicts the increase in total eating-place sales in the Middle Atlantic States in 2003. Worries about increased taxation; Spending deficits faced by operators. INSET: 2003 MID-ATLANTIC FORECAST.