Partners' cooperation essential to rail line linking N.Y.C., J.F.K
- Ground broken for JFK Airtrain. // Railway Age;Nov98, Vol. 199 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the groundbreaking ceremony for a rail line serving John F. Kennedy International Airport. Features of the rail system known as Airtrain; Contractors for the project; Capacity of the rail system.
- Jamaica pondering bennies of JFK rail link. Walzer, Robert // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/09/99, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p3A
Reports on the construction of the light rail line under way at the New York-based John F. Kennedy International Airport which will connect Kennedy's nine terminals to Howard Beach to the west and Jamaica to the north. Cost of the project; Jamaica as the main rail stop; Benefits to Long Island...
- Terms reached regarding JFK Airport light-rail. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30443, p6
Reports that New York City has agreed to terms under which a light-rail link connecting the city's subways to the John F. Kennedy International Airport can be built using $300 million in bond revenues sold by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- In brief. // International Construction;Jul98, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey have awarded a deal to design, build, operate and maintain contract for the light rail in New York-based John F. Kennedy International airport to the AirRail Transit Consortium.
- By Air and Rail. Regenscheid, Paul K. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p65
Reports on the engineering challenges in New York City's AirTrain light-rail system. Connection of terminals at John F. Kennedy International Airport with subway and commuter rail lines; STV Inc.'s fire protection design and code compliance; Role of the Port Authority.
- STV named designer for JFK Airport's long-awaited rail link. Larson, Soren // Architectural Record;Nov1999, Vol. 187 Issue 11, p43
Reports on the naming of New York City, New York-based STV as the primary architectural and engineering designer for a rail link to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, New York. Creation of a unifying identity through design; Transfer possibilities with the Long Island...
- FAA approves passenger fees to fund JFK ligh rail project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/23/98, Vol. 240 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the approval of the light rail line project between New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Manhattan from the United States Federal Aviation Administration. Debating of the exact portion of the project; Information on the contract from the port authority; Date the...
- Will mayoral monkey wrench stall JFK airport project? // Railway Age;May98, Vol. 199 Issue 5, p27
Announces the plans of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey to build a rail transportation system linking New York City with John F. Kennedy International Airport. Company that won the contract; Estimated value of the project.
- JFK monorail. Citrano, Virginia // Crain's New York Business;8/7/95, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p38
Reports on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) approval of a long-delayed plan to build a monorail at John F. Kennedy International Airport. FAA's authorization for the Port of New York & New Jersey to continue collecting a $3 tax on airline tickets to finance the system.