Good times for insurers make reinsurers a luxury looking for a role
- Investment funds raise capital. // Business Insurance;2/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p2
Reports on American insurance investment funds' capital placements. Total amount raised by Insurance Partners L.P. and Insurance Partners (Bermuda) L.P.; Contributors; Amount raised by Conseco Capital Partners II L.P.; Contributors.
- Compliance tip of the week: Insurance mediation in plain language. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/3/2014, p28
The article discusses what introducer agreement should be used in Great Britain if someone wants to introduce non-investment insurance business and receive a commission split.
- Split-Second Slicing and Dicing. Hann, Leslie Werstein // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Oct98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p91
Examines the benefits of technology on insurance investment managers. Major measure of success for financial-service companies; Tools on asset managers' technology wish lists; Two most popular liability-modeling systems.
- Synthetics giving `real' GICs a run for their money. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;9/6/93, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the growing popularity of synthetic guaranteed investments contracts (GICs). Advantages of a synthetic GIC; Composition of synthetics; Comparison with traditional GICs.
- Investment savvy gains could yield employer liability loss. Pflum, Mary E. // Business Insurance;8/2/93, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p3
Features the pre-retirement and budgeting planning programs offered by employers. Enabling of workers to make sound investment decisions; Avoidance of fiduciary liability for employees' investment losses.
- Breaking the impasse over codification. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/22/97, Vol. 101 Issue 38, p56
Editorial. Discusses the reaction to the meeting which could possibily break the impasse between regulators and the insurance industry over the inclusion of limits from the Investments of Insurers Model Act (Defined Limits) in Codification of Statutory Accounting Principles. Description of the...
- Key to money management is client expectations. Prince, Russ Alan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/13/96, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p13
Focuses on insurance companies move from selling traditional life insurance to the investment management market in the United States. Prudential's move into the investment management industry; Desire of many young life insurance agents to provide money management services; Growth of investment...
- N.Y. Dept. approves 5 investment companies to act as... // Insurance Advocate;05/23/98, Vol. 109 Issue 21, p34
Reports that five investment companies have received approval to act as Certified Capital Companies under a new program in New York. Number of companies which have entered into funding commitments; Provisions of the 1997 Certified Capital Company law; Major insurance companies which have...
- Safety nets for 40% downside. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;5/15/2003, p22
Reports that structured investment insurance product provider Nvesta is launching its second product in a series of index tracker plans. Guaranteed original capital as long as the index does not fall by more than 40 percent during the investment period; Investment return based on the average...