Shestack to ABA Group: Don't delay dealing with judges
- Professionalism tops Shestack agenda. Keeva, Steven // ABA Journal;Oct97, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p96
Looks at the speech of American Bar Association (ABA) President Jerome J. Shestack at inaugural news conference. His views on Ethics 2000 Committee; Issues facing legal system and ABA; Previous positions held by Shestack.
- ABA president names task force to examine curbing pay-to-play practices. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30226, p5
Reports on American Bar Association president Jerome Shestack's creation of a task force to study the possibility of taking actions to curb pay-to-play practices in the municipal bond market. Members of the task force; ABA's approval of a resolution condemning pay-to-play practices by lawyers.
- ABA president defends his letter to New York state bar group. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30392, p4
Details the criticisms received by Jerome Shestack for using his position as American Bar Association (ABA) president to urge the New York State Bar Association to endorse a Rule G-37-like standard. Opposition of the ABA to pay-to-play practices; Letter sent by Shestack to state bar association...
- President-elect nominee picked. Reske, Henry // ABA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p103
Reports that Jerome J. Shestack, a partner in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based law firm of Wolf, Block, Schorr and Solis-Cohen, has been nominated to become president-elect of the American Bar Association (ABA). Shestack's background; Previous employment; Positions held in the ABA.
- MEMORIES OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. // Human Rights;Summer91, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
The article presents the experiences of several chairpersons of the American Bar Association (ABA), about their terms in the office. Jerome J. Shestack remained in chair between 1966 and 1968. He had appointed committees to report on proposed laws that affected the rights and welfare of...
- PAST ABA PRESIDENT JEROME SHESTACK DIES. MCDONOUGH, MOLLY // ABA Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p59
An obituary for the American Bar Association's (ABA) ex President Jerome Shestack is presented.
- Jerome J. Shestack, 88, lawyer and human-rights leader dies. // Tennessee Tribune;8/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p6C
An obituary for Jerome J. Shestack, lawyer and human-rights advocate, is presented.
- In Memoriam: Jerome J. Shestack (1923-2011). // American Poetry Review;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p5
Presents an obituary for attorney and human rights advocate Jerome J. Shestack.
- ABA releases report on professionalism efforts. // Human Rights;Spring98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p4
The article announces the release of the Promotion Professionalism report by Jerome J. Shestack, president of the American Bar Association. The reports defines professionalism thus, a professional lawyer is an expert in law pursuing a learned art in service to clients and in the spirit of public...