Defaulted plants' debt is in demand, and the courts may get the credit
- Utility countersued over bankruptcy of Florida plants. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;01/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30318, p1
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by the partnerships behind two bankrupt power plants in Palm Beach, Florida against Florida Power & Light Co. for the utility's refusal to honor a power supply contract which allegedly led to the largest municipal default in the state's history. Total worth of...
- Right to buy? Johnston, Bruce // Power Economics;Jun2003, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the legal aspects of banks assuming ownership of power-plants defaulting on loans in the U.S. Provision of full financial security package; Appointment of a receiver; Implementation of the Enterprise Act 2002.
- MONEY MELTDOWN. Ridley, Scott // New Republic;8/29/83, Vol. 189 Issue 9, p11
Reports on a municipal bond default regarding the nuclear construction plants belonging to Washington Public Power Supply System. Impact of this municipal bond default on the U.S. nuclear industry; Discussion on the cause of this default; Controversy on who is to blame for the crisis; Steps...
- Global Default Rate Drops to 2.44%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p21
This article reports on a decline in the speculative-grade default rate in the U.S. in January 2011.
- Default Rates: How Low Can They Go? // High Yield Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Reports that the global speculative-grade default rate has dropped to 2.9 percent in July from a revised rate of 3.4 percent in June 2004 in the U.S.
- Can HAMP Prevent 'Strategic Defaults'? Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/24/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
The article focuses on the effectiveness of the Home Affordable Modification Program in preventing strategic defaults in the U.S.
- Contact dispute, bond default, and bankruptcy in Florida. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p34
Reports that US Bankruptcy Court Judge Paul G. Hyman Jr. has denied a motion by bankrupt developers in Palm Beach County, Florida to reconsider his earlier decision which remanded to state courts a contract dispute that triggered the default of $288 million in revenue bonds. Background on the...
- Sheridan, Colo., vacant city building may be put on property market. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p34
Reports that the trustee for the defaulted certificates of participation sold by the city of Sheridan, Colorado, may try to sell the vacant city office building that secured $3.2 million of debt. Interest of a school district in buying the building; What company was hired to care for the...
- Sub-prime remains on ice. // Mortgage Strategy;4/5/2010, p3
The article reports on the concerns over the report that Kensington, England will consider customers who have County Court Judgments or defaults registered in their names in the past two years.