- To QE3 or not to QE3? Impact on rates. // ABA Banking Journal;May2012, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses how Federal officials look at Operations Twist and concerns of investors on what will happen when the Federal officials end Operation Twist in June 2012. The Federal Reserve believe that it is unlikely that a difference will be made when Operation Twists ends since there...
- ANNUAL REVIEW: Bond Insurers Continued To Struggle Through 2012. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;2/11/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33859, Following p5A
The article discusses various factors that affect the activity of municipal bond insurers in the U.S. bond market such as low interest rates and slow recovery from the financial crisis. It mentions that due to these factors the industry has to face steady contraction in the year 2012 as the...
- Five Lessons From the Muni Derivatives Litigation Front. FINK, STEVEN; MITCHELL, THOMAS; MATHEWS, NIKIFOROS // Bond Buyer;6/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33929, p9
In this article, the authors discuss the challenges faced by the bond issuers in the rising litigation in the post-financial crisis era of the U.S. They focus on various lessons that should be learned from the recent spate of litigation related to the interest rate swap, bankruptcy filing and...
- International financial transmission: emerging and mature markets. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;2009 3rd Quarter, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p233
The article discusses a study which examines the impacts of shocks in emerging market economy (EME) bond markets on interest rates in the U.S. It highlights the need to understand the transmission of shocks across financial markets to estimate the effect of financial crises and volatilities in...
- International linkage of interest rates: Evidence from the emerging economies of Asia. Anoruo, Emmanuel; Ramchander, Sanjay; Thiewes, Harold F. // Global Finance Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p217
This article employs monthly short-term interest rate data over the 1980ï¿½1999 period to investigate the intermarket interest rate linkages across seven newly industrialized markets in Asia, and the influence that Japan and the US exert on interest rates in the region. In an attempt to...
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray interest rate index. // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/99, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p10
Presents charts of interest rate index in Arizona provided by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. current as of October 22, 1999. Short, intermediate and long term interest rates; Arizona tax exempt municipal bonds; Bond Buyers Revenue Index; Bond Buyers Index.
- Rate rise, big-deal shortage throttles first-half issuance. Kruger, Daniel; Harris, Elizabeth; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p26
Reports on the effects of the rise of interest rates on the bond market in the United States in the first half of 1999. Scarcity of mega bond deals; Philadelphia Agency for Industrial Development's taxable pension bonds.
- Municipal Prices Finish Higher After FOMC Hikes Rates, As Expected. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States for May 16, 2000. Reaction of municipal cash securities to the interest rate rise; Improvement of yields.
- When was debt's biggest quarter in history? Right now. O'Leary, Christopher; Gelling, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of the U.S. bond underwriting market during the first quarter of the year 2001. Percentage of increase in long-term agency issuance during the quarter; Total amount of high-grade bonds introduced in the duration; Impact of decrease in interest rates on performance of...