Leading the way
- NLC: Despite National Economy's Improvement, News Still Not Good for Cities. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p32
Reports on the National League of Cities' survey on city finances in the U.S. Financial needs in fiscal 2004; City finance directors' outlook; Projected growth in revenue; Spending for infrastructure.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, preceding p1
Introduces a series of articles on municipal finance in the U.S.
- Robbing Peter to Pay Paul and the General Fund. Ford, John Patrick // San Diego Business Journal;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p51
The article focuses on the financing scheme involving the transfer of enterprise funds into the general fund used by former San Diego, California managers and accounting staff. According to the author, there have been reports that a portion of enterprise reserve funds was not used for the...
- CITY REGULATION. // Accountancy;Jun87, Vol. 99 Issue 1126, p39
Reports on developments relevant to the regulation of municipal finance in Great Britain as of June 1987. Regulations that apply to municipal finance issues; Policy implications on public finance; Effects on the accounting sector.
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Face $60M Taxable Deal for Hangars. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p36
The article reports on the Oklahoma Senate's plan to consider a bill that would authorize the sale of taxable bonds to help build and equip two aircraft maintenance hangars at Tulsa International Airport for American Airlines. The Oklahoma Development Finance Authority would issue the bonds...
- Panelists reiterate the importance of counsel in SEC, IRS examinations. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30348, p37
Highlights the 1998 The Bond Buyer's Texas Public Finance Conference held in Dallas, Texas. Discussion of alleged abuses in the municipal bond market; Panelists' agreement on the need to hire counsel or specialists in US Securities and Exchange Commission and US Internal Revenue Service's...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p27
Presents news and municipal finance issues in the United States Southwest, as of October 2000. Tax hike fight in the city of Kendleton, Texas; Proposed sales-tax hike for mass transit in Salt Lake, Davis and Weber counties in Utah; Revenue receipts in Kansas for September 2000.
- Survey: 44% of Cities Have Financial Fears. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p6
Reports on the National League of Cities' survey of the financial conditions of cities in the United States. Top financial concerns of cities; Management of city finances.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p28
Lists bond election schedules of several states in the U.S. from August 2, 2005 to November 15, 2005.