- Incredible boss contest. // Progressive;Feb95, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p14
Comments on the national boss contest sponsored by 9 to 5, the National Association of Working Women. Categories, including the good, the bad and the unbelievable; Address for entry forms; Discussion of a boss who asked his secretary to take his stool sample to his doctor's office and gave her...
- Oh, Sure, Now You Want to Talk About It. Bing, Stanley // Fortune;1/12/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p57
Offers a tongue-in-cheek guide to strategies for dealing with an abusive boss. Suggestion that basketball player Latrell Sprewell should have used considered these strategies before attaching coach P.J. Carlesimo; Strategies including cordial discussion, reality check, appeal to his humanity,...
- ROMANTIC COMEDY. // Women's Health (08847355);Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p30
The article reports on a study of eHarmony users which reveals that men like women have sarcastic, juvenile or raw humor.
- Self-Serving Remark. Liske, Claire // Saturday Evening Post;Mar1976, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p73
Presents a humorous sign at a gas filling station in Rhode Island.
- Humor in Corporate Work Place Interactions: It's Not What You Can Do for Humor, but What Humor Can Do for You. Field, Zach // Perspectives (University of New Hampshire);Spring2010, p1
The article discusses the work place interactions and the effects of humor in the performance. It is discussed that managers and employees who use humor in a productive manner stimulate positive aspects of the workplace. It adds that the productive functions of humor are presented which include...
- Last Laugh. // Medical Economics;2/20/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p57
Several jokes are presented which include a couple who decided to get married when their relationship has become dull, a client who was rejected to avail a loan from a bank because it has bought the other bank that also rejected his loan, and an employee being provoked to a physical fight for an...
- Office News. Miksch, W. F. // Saturday Evening Post;5/1/1948, Vol. 220 Issue 44, p38
The article presents information on humorous issues concerning the employees of The Quik-Glo Neon Light Corp. The newly appointed assistant office manager Derek Maunch has held other positions at the company. The Secret Pal Club of the office girls held a party at the Ladies' Welfare Room to...
- The Perfect Squelch. Wilson, G. P. // Saturday Evening Post;2/5/1955, Vol. 227 Issue 32, p90
The article presents a humorous story about a wolfish department head who hired a sweet young typist. The other employees especially the older women took pity for the girl. When the department head try to get closer to the girl and tell her of her beautiful dark locks and that it reminded him of...
- PONDER THIS�. // Machine Design;6/3/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p171
Presents several jokes.