- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- Contract giants enjoy boom but dread labor drought. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p138
Analyzes the performance of food service contract companies in the United States in 1999. Problems with labor scarcity; Revenue gains from the health care sector and elementary and secondary school markets; Increase in the signing of multi-unit contracts; Ranking of contract food service chains...
- NACUFS to host Mgmt. Institute. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/18/96, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p44
Reports that the National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) will host a Foodservice Management Institute for its members on June 15 to 21, 1997. Rich Products as sponsor.
- Scaling Back. Taylor, Marygrace // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p62
The article discusses that many non-commercial segments like hospitals and schools, such as Fort Mill School District in South Carolina and Carteret General Hospital in North Carolina, are moving to smaller food portions to create healthier menus.
- Chapter Five: Where the Job Can Lead. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p36
This chapter describes the opportunities for advancement in the food service management industry. Food service managers advance as they gain experience. Managers can advance by taking jobs with larger dining places, or may oversee several hospitals, schools or restaurants at one time. Large...
- FSD Goes To…Washington, D.C. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p30
In this article, the author chronicles the experience of the staff of the journal "Food Service Director" in exploring innovations in the food service industry in the Washington, D.C. area. The author begins with the food service provided to the House of Representative. She describes the menus...
- Students' activism, allergies top agenda at NACUFS confab. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p8
The article highlights the annual conference of the National Association of College & University Food Services in Toronto, Ontario. The social pressure put by politically active college students who are pressing for their vision of fairer treatment of on-campus foodservice workers and the...
- FSD 2008 Catering Study. King, Paul // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p30
The article presents the findings of the 2008 Catering Survey. The largest percentage of responders, 27%, were schools. Another 24% came from hospitals, 20% were from colleges and universities, 14% from long-term care and 12% from B&I or contract management headquarters. In all markets except...
- Worth Every Penny. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the transformation of vending machines into dispensers of healthful products by some food service operators in response to the current economic climate. The 160-bed Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut focuses on wellness and vending was one of the places they really...