CFTC seeks comment on proposed exchange
- Cantor exchange rule changes ok'd by CFTC. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p33
Reports on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's approval of rule changes submitted by the Cantor Commission. Making of electronic exchange responsible for employee errors; Giving of customers more time to file complaints about errors; Combination of transaction clearing capability of the...
- FUTURES PROTOCOL KEY TO AUTOMATION GOAL. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the recommendations of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for the automation of the futures industry in the U.S. Plan of establishing a working protocol; Composition of the technology advisory committee; Creation of a protocol subcommittee.
- CFTC extends comment deadline on Cantor's proposed electronic exchange. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p30
Reports that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission gave bond market participants an additional three weeks to comment on a Cantor Fitzgerald Inc. proposal to start an electronic exchange for trading futures on government securities. Comment by Thomas R. Donovan, president and chief executive...
- Americas. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p20
Presents brief reports about the market for futures, options and derivatives in the United States. Includes Appeals Court ruling on Commodity Trend Service's right to publish without intervention; Commodity Futures Trading Commission's concept release on placement of non-US electronic trading...
- CFTC resumes review of Cantor plan for an electronic futures exchange. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;06/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30404, p52
States that the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission has resumed consideration of a Cantor Fitzgerald Inc. proposal to start an electronic exchange for trading futures on government securities. Reasons for the move; Agency's satisfaction with the responses it received about how the first...
- CFTC seeks comment on U.S. exchanges' petition for exemptive relief. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;08/30/99, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p7
Focuses on the decision of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to seek public comment on a petition of futures exchanges in the country to implement additional relief programs. Need by domestic futures markets to compete with foreign operators; Exchanges making the...
- Futures industry slowly evolves. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov95, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
Reports on developments related to futures trading in the United States. Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) ruling on exempt market for professional traders; Gap between exchange and over-the-counter (OTC) markets; Industry observers' comments.
- CFTC implements new transparency efforts to promote market integrity. // National Petroleum News;Oct2009, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the developments of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) including the implementation of the new transparency efforts, the disaggregation of data on its Commitments of Traders (COT) reports and the additional publication of such data for its contract markets .
- Quid pro quo seen in futures dereg. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;03/31/97, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the plans for deregulation of the futures industry in the United States, outlining the impact that this will have on the Commodity Exchange Act and the powers of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Examination of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBT), who dominated the...