Variable-Frequency Drives Important in Toronto Deep-Water Lake Project
- World generating capacity to increase. // Coal Age;Jul97, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p8
Presents information on worldwide projection of electric capacity additions from 1996-2005 which was released by the Utility Data Institute(UDI). Estimation of these capacities; Contents of the fourth edition of UDI's `World Directory of New Electric Power Plants'; Availability of a data...
- The Capacitance of Rosette Ice Crystals. Chiruta, Mihai; Wang, Pao K. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;3/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p836
The capacitances of seven bullet rosette ice crystals are computed based on the classical electrostatic analogy theory of diffusional growth. The rosettes simulated have 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16 lobes using mathematical formulas published previously. The Laplace equation for the water vapor...
- Analytical compensation of stray capacitance effect in Kelvin probe measurements. Hadjadj, A.; Roca i Cabarrocas, P.; Equer, B. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Nov95, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p5272
Describes a method to compensate analytically the stray capacitance contribution in order to obtain the true values of the contact potential. Principles of the method; Stray capacitance model; Control of the probe-to-sample distance; Determination of the vibration amplitude.
- Electrical properties of Au/ and YBa2Cu3O7-x/SrTi1-yNbyO3 diodes. Yoshida, A.; Tamura, H.; Gotoh, K.; Takauchi, H.; Hasuo, S. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/1/91, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p4976
Describes the electrical properties of the Au/ and YBaCuO/ n-type SrTi[sub1-y]Nb[suby]O[sub3] diodes in terms of capacitance-voltage and conductance-voltage characteristics. Sample preparation; Discussion on diode characteristics.
- Quantum capacitance of resonant tunneling diodes. Yuming Hu; Stapleton, Shawn // Applied Physics Letters;1/14/1991, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p167
Discusses a method for evaluating the capacitance created from charges stored in the quantum well. Formula for a parallel-plate capacitor used in current calculations of the capacitance; Use of the damped resonant tunnelling model in the method.
- Determination of the conduction-band discontinuities of GaAs/AlxGa1-xAs interfaces by capacitance-voltage measurements. Okumura, H.; Misawa, S.; Yoshida, S.; Gonda, S. // Applied Physics Letters;2/15/1985, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p377
The relation between the conduction-band discontinuity ?E[sub c] and the A1 composition x of refined GaAs/As[sub x] Ga[sub 1-x] As(x < 0.42) heterointerfaces was determined by means of capacitance-voltage measurements. The resulting relation, ?E[sub c] = 0.67?E[sub g], is different from Dingle's...
- A novel capacitance microscope. L�nyi, �.; T�r�k, J.; Rehurek, P. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul1994, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p2258
A capacitance microscope has been used for imaging conducting surfaces. It differs from earlier designs in three major respects: the principle of capacitance detection, the coaxial probe employed, and the Operating frequency. The impedance of the probe with respect to a conducting backplane is...
- Study of the Potential Distribution in a Forward-Biased Silicon Diode Using Electrostatic Force Microscopy. Ankudinov, A. V.; Titkov, A. N.; Laiho, R.; Kozlov, V. A. // Semiconductors;Sep2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p1058
Electrostatic force microscopy was used to study the potential distribution in a forward-biased epitaxial-diffused n[sup +]-n-p-p[sup +] silicon diode. Distributions of potential and capacitance were determined across the cleaved surface, which intersected the layers in the diode structure....
- Anomalous capacitance-voltage behavior due to dopant segregation and carrier trapping in As-implanted polycrystalline silicon and silicided polycrystalline silicon gates. Park, K.; Batra, S.; Lin, J.; Yoganathan, S.; Banerjee, S.; Lee, J.; Sun, S.; Yeargain, J.; Lux, G. // Applied Physics Letters;6/4/1990, Vol. 56 Issue 23, p2325
This letter discusses the anomalous capacitance-voltage characteristics of As-implanted polycrystalline silicon and amorphous Si gate metal-oxide-semiconductor (MOS) structures fabricated with and without a TiSi2 layer. The effects of gate bias and process parameters such as annealing...