Swap rates vs. bond yields
- Official: Connecticut City Swaption a Plus, Despite Rater Concern. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p36
Reports on New Britain, Connecticut's selling of an option to do a swap on portion of its bonds. Rating of the bonds.
- S&P Analyst: Swap Insurance Helped Credits Survive Katrina Downgrades. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32412, p6
The article reports on the role of insurance of swap agreements to help credits survive the downgrading of ratings in the U.S. A financial analyst claims that the swap insurance was able to limit the impact of the downgrades on the issuers that had been devastated by the Hurricane Katrina. The...
- Orlando Utilities Commission to Refund $60M, With a Swap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p4
Reports on the plan of Orlando Utilities Commission in Florida to refund water and electric bonds and to take bids for a fixed-to-variable-rate swap counterparty. Amount of bonds; Rating of bonds; Companies that will bid for the swap.
- Pennsylvania Agency Readies $405M for Turnpike Projects. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p6
The article reports on the preparation of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) for a $405 million new-money deal to help finance capital improvement projects throughout the system. In this project, Hopkins & Co. will be the financial adviser and Dilworth Paxson LLP will act as bond...
- Ohio Readies $200M GO Sale for School Program. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p4
Reports on the sale of general obligation variable rate bonds by the Ohio Public Facilities Commission. Establishment of a forward swap agreement; Conversion of the bonds to other interest rate modes; Role of liquidity in the consideration for bond ratings.
- Talk Of Ratings Upgrade Boosts Markets. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the condition of the financial markets in the Philippines. The Philippine U.S.$Global 2025 bond reached an all-time high of 144.25 and 5-year credit default swaps tightened 1bps to trade at 104bps. The country's budget deficit was reduced to 62.2 billion pesos in 2006...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33179, p10
Several graphs are presented that shows high-grade variable-rate demand obligations, rates of interdealer prices, and bond and swap rates.
- Fitch director: The quality of a swap can have some sway over ratings. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;05/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30642, p33
Focuses on Fitch IBCA Inc. managing director Katherine McManus's comments during the Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities conference, on the effect of the quality of swap deals on credit ratings for underlying bonds. Four areas involving swaps that are evaluated for quality; Issues...
- ILLINOIS: Elmhurst Gets Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p9
The article reports that the outlook of Moody's Investors Service to Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare's (EMHC) Baal rating has been changed from stable to negative in the U.S. in June 2009. Moody's analysts cite a decline in EMHC's balance sheet resources as the main reason behind the revision....