Wrestling with evidence-based medicine
- Health check. SNYDERMAN, NANCY // Good Housekeeping;Mar99, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p62
Presents information on various health-related issues across the United States. Suggestions for patients who are contemplating sending an e-mail to their doctors; Increase in the number of Americans with type 2 diabetes; Prescription for yeast infections.
- Minerva. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/25/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7310, p462
Presents news briefs related to medicine as of August 25, 2001. Food poisoning in Great Britain as a result of fish and shellfish; Gift giving from patients to doctors; Risk of type 2 diabetes among workers in Japan; Others.
- Physician-Patient Relationship in Type 2 Diabetes. Bui, Thuy // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p1242
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A Qualitative Study of Perceived Responsibility and Self-Blame in Type 2 Diabetes: Reflections of Physicians and Patients," by E. A. Beverly and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Retinopathy in `new' diabetics is more common than we thought. // Modern Medicine;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the prevalence of retinopathy in patients diagnosed with noninsulin-dependent diabetes. Advice that patients with retinopathy should be examined every 6 months; Study of 5,000 patients with noninsulin-dependent diabetes for nine years.
- Exercise therapy for type II diabetics. Iverson, Susan // American Fitness;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the nature, type and health aspects of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) or type II diabetics. Pathophysiology of the disease; Benefits of exercise for type II diabetics; Weight reduction and exercise for type II diabetics; Mechanisms of response; Program development.
- Autonomic impairment starts early in type II diabetes. // Patient Care;2/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p134
Reports on a study of patients with type II diabetes in Belfast, Northern Ireland, showing that autonomic neuropathy may occur earlier in the course of the disease. Implications of measurement of digital-flow responses.
- Nutritional disease. Broadhurst, Leigh // Total Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p35
Details on Type II diabetes which is also known as `adult-onset diabetes.' Major causes of Type II diabetes related to processed-food, agriculture-based diet; Prevention of Type II diabetes; Information on essential fatty acid; Roles of trace element in diabetes; Certain medicinal plants that...
- Comparative review of drugs for T2D. // Diabetes Digest;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p176
The article discusses a comparative review by W. L. Bennett and colleagues on the harms and benefits of antidiabetes drugs for people with type 2 diabetes.
- LOCAL NEWS AND EVENTS. // Granite City Press-Record;3/28/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 13, pB3
This section offers news briefs on developments and events in Madison County, Granite City, and Venice, Illinois including the Madison County Health Department's weekly program for individuals with Type 2 Diabetes, the Third Judicial Circuit Family Violence Prevention Council holding their...