Dreams into Wings
- Studying stealth. // Electronics Now;Aug99, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the United States Air Force's testing facility for wide bandwidth bistatic imaging and radar cross section measurements of full-sized aircraft. Georgia Tech Research Institute researchers' development of the Bistatic Coherent Measurement System; Mobile radar unit at the Holloman Air...
- Air-Mobility Key To Carrying Expeditionary Air Force. Ramey, Charles; Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the Expeditionary Air Force concept of the United States Air Force. Significance of the concept on air mobility; Strategies involved in the expeditionary projections of the units; Characteristics of global air mobility.
- USAF Targeting Pods on Track For Flight Tests This Spring. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/28/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p65
Reports on the integration testing of the Advanced Targeting Pod of United States Air Force. Purpose of the integration testing; Findings from the test; Selection background of the Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod.
- Sometimes you gotta use a baseball (what's baseball) bat! Hannah, Mike // Flying Safety;Dec94, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p20
Comments on the United States Air Force's (USAF) flight mishap experience for the fiscal year 1994. Negative side of safety program management; Implication of the USAF's cutbacks in dollars and personnel; Need to add impartiality to operations.
- Going Boldly--Where? Hays, Peter; Mueller, Karl // Aerospace Power Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the inconsistencies in the approach of the United States Air Force to aerospace integration. Roots and implications of the aerospace concept; Conclusions and recommendations.
- AIR FORCE SPACE COMMAND NEWS SERVICE (APRIL 27, 2005) SPACE, AIR WARFARE CENTERS INTEGRATE CAPABILITIES. Fraser III, W. M. // Defense AT&L;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p44
This article reports on the announcement made on April 26, 2005, by the officials of the U.S. Air Force that, the Air Force is integrating some forces to better manage air, space, and information operations combat capabilities to support missions worldwide. It is announced that elements of Air...
- Major active-duty air force bases. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p36
Identifies the major active-duty Air Force bases (AFB) across the United States. Includes McChord AFB in Washington; Hill AFB in Utah; Arnold AFB in Tennessee; Whiteman AFB in Missouri; Barksdale AFB in Louisiana.
- Major Air Force bases overseas. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Identifies the location of the major United States Air Force bases (AFB) overseas. Includes the Howard AFB in Panama; Incirlik Air Base (AB) in Turkey; Kadena AB in Japan; Andersen AFB in Guam.
- The `Blast' in Belgrade. Barela, Tim // Airman;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the 31st Air Expedition Wing of the United States Air Force and on its munition storage area at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Involvement on the 78 days of intense bombing from March 24 to June 9, 1999 against Yugoslavia; Challenges they faced during the bombings; Types of bombs built by...