- Simplifying the Advice for Slimming Down. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Offers pieces of advice on the proper way of losing weight. Diet standards recommended by the Federal Trade Commission Partnership for Health Weight Management; Considerations included in the diet plan; Health risks of weight loss programs.
- Rating the fat-fighters. CZARNECKI, JOANNE; Drozd, Shelley // Men's Health;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p60
Offers advice on how to lose weight. Nutritional programs for weight lossers; Health plan to eliminate fat in the diet; Caloric information on food contents.
- Health HQ. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/8/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p76
The article discusses tips relating to health, fitness and wellbeing, and mentions topics that include how to lose weight, the Chinese therapy called cupping, and the health benefits of climbing two flights of stairs a day.
- Good Question. // Body Bulletin;Aug2003, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on general health and exercise. For a longer life, maximum heart protection and weight loss, U.S.-based National Academies' Institute of Medicine has suggested people need an hour of accumulated exercise every day. Some exercise on a regular basis is better than...
- Resize Your Thighs. Nelson, Miriam // Prevention;Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p87
Offers ways to strengthen and reduce the size of the thighs. What exercises to do and how to do them; Illustrations; What to avoid when doing these exercises; An explanation of what happens during the exercises.
- Beyond the `plateau': 12 ways to restart stalled weight loss. // Body Bulletin;Apr98, p1
Offers advice on how to maintain a low fat diet in proportion with the fitness routine. Measurements on food intake for regular weight lossers; Tips on nutrition and diet; Ways on how to burn body fats.
- The 10 commandments of holiday weight control. Karas, Jim // Good Housekeeping;Dec2003, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p189
Provides guidelines for weight control during the holidays. Need to monitor weight; Importance of a regular work out during the period; Information on how to prepare oneself for partying.
- Success stories. // Shape;Jun99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p84
Presents stories of women who successfully lost weight from various workouts and physical fitness regimens. Lisa Walters of Wisconsin; Christy Walker of Maryland; Marry F. Oves of New Jersey.
- Get going! // Self;Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p96
The article discusses how three 2007 "SELF" Magazine Challengers were able to reduce weight and have a better body. Mandi Joyner goes shopping when she did well on the Challenge for the week. Carolyn Mayer, who always exercises in the morning, would enter her intended workout in her exercise log...