- Simplifying the Advice for Slimming Down. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Offers pieces of advice on the proper way of losing weight. Diet standards recommended by the Federal Trade Commission Partnership for Health Weight Management; Considerations included in the diet plan; Health risks of weight loss programs.
- Rating the fat-fighters. CZARNECKI, JOANNE; Drozd, Shelley // Men's Health;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p60
Offers advice on how to lose weight. Nutritional programs for weight lossers; Health plan to eliminate fat in the diet; Caloric information on food contents.
- Health HQ. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/8/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p76
The article discusses tips relating to health, fitness and wellbeing, and mentions topics that include how to lose weight, the Chinese therapy called cupping, and the health benefits of climbing two flights of stairs a day.
- Lose Weight With SELF! // Self;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p24
The article presents the response of the readers of the journal who have benefited from the magazine. It discusses how the physical fitness guides, diet plans, and healthy recipes of the journal helped the readers in adopting a healthy lifestyle, and losing weight. The article also offers...
- Bikini Season Already? Bring It! Promaulayko, Michele // Women's Health;May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses reports published within the May 2011 issue of "Women's Health" magazine including one on women who lost 455 pounds by making smart changes to their lifestyles, another on fitness clothes that will motivate one to work out, and another about step-by-stroke-by-pedal training...
- Meal replacements are they for you? Inge, Karen // Australian Women's Weekly;Jun2003, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p139
Deals with meal replacements used for weight loss. Qualities of meal replacements; Mechanics of a meal replacement program; Benefits of meal replacements; Pitfalls of meal replacements.
- Let's get physical. // Australian House & Garden;Dec2003, Issue 12, p242
This article presents information related to healthy living and physical fitness. Gaining a life partner can often mean gaining weight, which is applicable to many people. "Piling on the kilos after marriage can seem like a mysterious disease over which we have no control," says Melbourne...
- Reducing postpartum weight retention through a correspondence intervention. Leermakers, E.A.; Anglin, K.; Wing, R.R. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Nov1998, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1103
OBJECTIVE: Since post-pregnancy weight retention may contribute to the development of obesity, we sought to determine whether a behavioral weight loss intervention was effective in returning women to their pre-pregnancy weight. METHOD: Ninety women who had given birth in the past 3â€“12...
- Ways To Measure Your Fitness Success. // Jet;8/18/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p22
Presents guidelines that will help one measure his/her fitness progress. Effects of exercise on body fat cells and muscle tissue; Advantages of measuring tape over weighing scale; Practical way to determine fitness success using a full-length mirror.