- Longer USAF Pilot Stay. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 14, p13
Announces that the United States Air Force (USAF) has increased the active duty commitment for cadets starting specialized undergraduate pilot training. Advantages of the increased duty requirement; Comments from General Michael E. Ryan, Air Force chief of staff.
- Military and civilian pay and allowances. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p40
Presents a compilation of quotations of pay and allowances offered by the United States Air Force, for 1999. Enlisted pay chart; Civilian pay; Commissioned officers pay chart; Officers with more than four years of active duty as enlisted or warrant officer; Basic allowance for subsistence.
- BRAVO Zulu. // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p11
The article profiles Captain Patrick Eldridge and Lieutenant Junior Grade Andrew F. Murtaugh of the U.S. Air Force (USAF). Eldridge flew as a primary, flight training instructor pilot assigned to Training Air Wing Six at NAS Pensacola. Murtaugh is a flight student at NAS Whiting Field in Florida...
- Military Pay. // Airman;2007 Special Issue, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p60
Several charts are presented depicting the monthly pay of enlisted and commissioned officers and officers with more than four years of active duty in the U.S. Air Force.
- The Pentagon Is Moving 13,000 Civilians Out of the GS System This Year. Katz, Eric // Government Executive;1/5/2016, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force is moving 13,000 civilian employees away from the General Schedule (GS) toward a more flexible personnel system called Acquisition Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). The AcqDemo system creates flexibilities for setting pay, and provides a direct link...
- High-fivin' `n' Huggin'. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the Musgrove Family Bowl, a bowling program for mentally disabled United States Air Force family members in Clearfield, Utah. Benefits of the program; Other games included in the program; Experiences of the handicapped athletes who participated in the program.
- United States Air Force time line - 1947 - 1997. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p74
Presents lists of US Air Force commanders and secretaries from 1947-1997, and the dates they held their positions. Secretaries of the Air Force; Air Force chiefs of staff; Commanders of the Air Force Logistics Command, Air Force Space Command, Strategic Air Command, Military Airlift Command,...
- USAFA instructor opportunities. // Airpower Journal;Summer91, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p93
Reports on the Military Studies Division at the United States Air Force Academy's search for captains for instructor duty in the summer of 1991 and beyond. Qualifications; Sponsored masteral education for selected instructors.
- Legal assistance and preventive law crosscurrents. // Reporter;Sep94, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p21
Provides legal assistance to US Air Force officers and employees regarding tax compliance requirement. Pre-planning program; Forms and publication distribution program; Set up of unit tax advisor program; Tax education; Electronic filing system to facilitate tax payments.