- USAF designs enticements to keep younger pilots. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/26/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 22, p76
Discusses attempts by the United States Air Force to retain more of its highly trained fighter pilots. The Phoenix Aviator proposal, which, if ratified, would mean that commercial airlines would not hire USAF pilots until after 15 years of service; Opposition to the proposal in Congress from...
- Sending 'em where you need 'em. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p6
Deals with the views of United States (US) Air Force Colonel Gerald Yearsley on aerospace expeditionary forces (AEF). Advantages of AEF to US aerospace military forces; Comparison between the US air force deployment system in the past and the AEF.
- New Reserve Unit to Train F-16 Pilots at Luke. McCourt, Maj. Linda // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on United States Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) instructor pilots' efforts to test the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Activation of the 301st Fighter Squadron as a Reserve associate unit; Instructor-pilot associate program; Joint initiative of the AFRC and the Air Education and Training Command.
- Captain Pete Fesler. // Flying Safety;Jul2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on how a United States Air Force Captain Pete Fesler showed an outstanding airmanship and professional performance during a hazardous situation. Problem experienced during an aerial refueling for an operational F-15C Offensive Counter Air mission in support of Operation Southern Watch;...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.