News Briefs ï¿½
- Caraustar moves into Northwest. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;05/05/97, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the relocation of Caraustar Industries Incorporated to Tocoma, Washington. Where the company is presently based; Reason for this move by the company; Comments made by chief financial officer of the company H. Lee Thrash III; Operations of the company; Plans to have the company...
- eBooks--Ready for School Libraries? Pappas, Marjorie // School Library Monthly;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p48
The article provides information on electronic books (ebooks). It provides a description of an ebook reader as a small device weighing about 10 ounces. It explores the advantages when purchasing along with the comparisons of several ebook readers. It offers the chart that lists several ebook...
- Caraustar Raises Prices. // Official Board Markets;5/13/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 19, p8
The article reports the announcement by Caraustar Industries, Inc. of a $40 per ton price hike on all uncoated recycled paperboard grades and mill converted products. The price increase will be effective starting June 26, 2006.
- Caraustar to Raise Prices. // Official Board Markets;2/24/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the plan of Caraustar Industries Inc. to increase prices of its tubes and cores produced from uncoated recycled paperboard. This move will be effective with shipments beginning March 19, 2007 and shall have a minimum of eight percent increase. This price elevation is...
- Caraustar to Host Open House. // Official Board Markets;10/25/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 43, p14
The article reports on the open house hosted by Caraustar Industries Inc.'s Recovered Fiber Group to celebrate America Recycles Day (ARD) in Georgia on November 14, 2008. Participants will receive recycling pledge cards and will learn about the process of preparing paper. ARD is celebrated to...
- DÃ©jÃ vu. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;6/8/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p1
The article reports that Austell, Georgia-based recycled packaging company Caraustar Industries Inc. is planning to use the process of bankruptcy court protection to become a private company and eliminate about $135 million in debt in the process. Caraustar handles about 2.4 million tons of...
- Perspective. Daniels, Chris // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Oct2015, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the influx of creative brands and technology-related approach after the relocation of spoken content company Audible Inc. to Newark, New Jersey which has proven to be one of the best decisions of the company, according to its communications vice president Matthew Thornton.
- E-Audio Is on the Horizon. Oder, Norman; Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;11/15/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p42
Discusses the possibility of downloadable audiobooks in libraries. Pilot programs which are in progress; Benefits of electronic audiobooks, including the elimination of storage problems; Partnership of Audible.com and Random House.
- STAYING A STEP AHEAD. Palmieri, Marisa // Paperboard Packaging;Summer2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the efforts of Caraustar Industries Inc.'s carton plant in Grand Rapids, Michigan to stay ahead in the carton making industry with recycled paperboard and food safety. The plant's mindset has led to the development of a type of board and the pursuit of better food safety...