Growth at Pearson Education, Thomson Learning in First 9 Months; McGraw-Hill Education Slumps
- K-12, Post-Secondary Sectors See Revenue Growth In First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;5/2/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the growth of the revenue in K-12 publishing in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2005. Percentage of the increase experienced by McGraw-Hill Education; Contribution of the improvement in the education market to increase the revenue for printers of educational materials; Revenue of...
- Publishers Restructure to Drive Performance. // Educational Marketer;4/27/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the operational changes of higher education market publishers to drive strong sales performance in the U.S. It highlights Cengage Learning in Stamford, Connecticut that drove 10 percent to 1.15 billion dollars revenue in its academic and professional group for fiscal year...
- 2012 Was Tough Year to Scratch out Operating Profit. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p1
The article provides information on performances of 10 publishing companies including John Wiley & Sons Inc., company Houghten Mifflin Harcourt, and company McGraw-Hill Education and uncertainty faced by the publishing industry market in the year 2012. It mentions combined revenue of 10.3...
- McGraw-Hill Education Revenue Declines 5.3% in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;5/11/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p3
No abstract available.
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1; Expect Improvement in H2. // Electronic Education Report;8/24/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the three largest educational publishers in the U.S. for the first half of 2007. New York-based McGraw-Hill Education increased revenue 5.7% to $979 million while Upper Saddle River, New Jersey-based Pearson Education Inc. generated revenue of...
- McGraw-Hill To Form New Digital Unit Within Its School Education Group To Focus On Delivery. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p1
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Education is creating a unit within its School Education Group that will focus on delivering digitized content.
- McGraw-Hill Ed Projects Low Revenue Growth in 2011. // Educational Marketer;2/14/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1
The article forecasts the condition of the McGraw-Hill Education in New York in 2011. Growth in segment revenue is forecasted despite of budget pressures that the education market is experiencing in which the spread of mobile learning opportunities in international market is expected. It also...
- Pearson, Thomson, Wiley Settle To Stop U.S. Sale Of Foreign Editions. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the efforts of Pearson Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and Thomson Learning Inc. to stop the sale of lower-priced foreign editions of college textbooks online in the U.S. Settlement of a lawsuit against Pelican Bookshop; Details of the settlement; Contention of the publishers.
- Financial News ï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;1/28/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that New York state-based McGraw-Hill Education has generated 550.9 million dollars in revenue in 2007, which is 4.3% higher from 2006.