GFOA panels to consider practices on counsel, others
- Yield burning, technology are top concerns, GFOA leaders say. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p6
Focuses on the major issues facing state and local bond issuers in the United States according to the Government Finance Officers Association's governmental debt and fiscal policy committee. Legislative proposal by Senator Orrin Hatch which gives issuers the right to appeal Internal Revenue...
- Issuers Wringing Hands Over Possible Tampering With Tax-Exempts. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/25/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33523, p6
The article focuses on the concerns of U.S. government officials regarding the risk of losing tax-exemption for municipal bonds and the use of tax-credit bonds by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
- GFOA Issues RPs Discouraging FAs From Becoming Underwriters. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32986, p5
The article reports on the move of the Government Finance Officers Association's executive board to adopt guidance that strongly discourages an issuer from allowing a dealer-financial adviser to switch roles and become the underwriter in a negotiated municipal bond transaction in the U.S. It...
- Debt Panel Argues All Sides of Competitive-Negotiated Debate. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p5
The article reports on the debate among members of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) over the extent to which state and local issues should sell municipal bonds on a competitive or negotiated basis. It discusses the divergent views of panel members on the issue at the GFOA's...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33324, p7
A calendar of events related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. is presented, including the Government Finance Officers Association's 104th annual conference at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia on June 6-9, 2010; the 78th Annual Spring Field Day of the Municipal Bond...
- GFOA Panel Urges Web Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p1
Reports on the adoption of a policy by the U.S. Government Finance Officers Association's debt committee urging the state and local officials to use their Web sites for communicating bond-related information to the municipal market as of January 31, 2002; Main purposes of the policy; Advantages...
- GFOA, TBMA find common ground, differences. Beer, Kieran // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p35
Relates Government Finance Officers Association and The Bond Market Association (TBMA) representatives' discussion of municipal bond-related issues. Debt committee's agreement to support a pet legislative initiative of TBMA; Discussion of the Tax-Exempt Municipal Investment Conduits.
- GFOA members: Better America bonds restrict localities. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p5
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's criticism of United States President Bill Clinton's tax-credit bond proposals for the Better American Bond legislation. Provisions of Clinton's proposed tax-credit.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33712, p4
The article offers information on several conferences related to municipal bond in the U.S. from May 15 to October 19, 2012 including "Bond Buyer's" third symposium in public finance for sustainable energy in Los Angeles, California on May 15, annual conference of Michigan Women in Finance on...