Alaska agency would be freed from sunset under Knowles' bill
- Alaska gov. Tony Knowles proposes infrastructure spending package. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p34
Focuses on the infrastructure spending package proposed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles. Plan to use revenues from tobacco tax increase in 1997 to finance construction and repair of school buildings; Alaska's outstanding debt by July 1, 1998; Permanent reserve accumulated from oil revenues.
- Ketchikan to overhaul Tusty. // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' selection of Alaska Ship & Drydock of Ketchikan to overhaul and repair the M/V Tustemena ship in the spring of 1997. Factors that won the contract for the Ketchikan shipyard; Knowles' efforts to help ease the economic crunch in Ketchikan caused by the...
- Sunset: An early evaluation. Marvel, Mary K. // Public Choice;1984, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p193
Analyzes the sunset legislation enacted by some states in the U.S. during the 1976 to 1978 period. Number of occupational licensing programs that were continued and terminated; Rate of termination among regulatory agencies engaged in occupational licensing; Comparison of terminated and...
- Commerce. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the creation of Marketing Alaska teams by Alaskan Governor Tony Knowles to boost the state's economy. Mining; Technical services; Forest products; Seafood industry; Tourism; Cultural resources.
- Alaska Governor Blasts Legislature's Plan to Cut Spending. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p5
Reports the criticism on the budget plan proposed by the lawmakers by Governor Tony Knowles during the Alaska's legislative session. Criticism on irrelevant reduction of expenditures; Demand for sources of revenue in the budget plan; Criticisms after analysis of proposed cuts of Senate Finance...
- Old Alaska fields stir new interest. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;7/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 154, p1
Discusses the policy of oil companies to maximize return from the oil fields which already exist in North Slope. Milne Point oil field; Sliding-scale royalty scheme developed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles; Information on other North Slope oil fields.
- House rejects sunsetting unfunded mandates bill. // Human Events;2/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' rejection on the addition of a five-year sunset amendment to the Mandate Reform Bill on February 1, 1995. Expiration of the provision which inhibits Congress' ability to pass the costs of its programs and regulations on to lower levels of government;...
- Senate rejects adding sunset provision to mandate reform bill. // Human Events;2/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the US Senate's rejection of adding a sunset provision to the Mandate Reform Bill on January 27, 1995. Senator Carl Levin as sunset amendment sponsor; Support for the tabling motion.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;6/14/95, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p16
Presents an update of legislative action concerning educational budgets filed in different states for the week ending June 14, 1995. Highlights of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' and Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's budget plans.