Trends in physician supply
- Where the jobs are. Lowes, Robert // Medical Economics;01/08/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p18
Offers a guide for physicians on how to start a medical practice. Medical specialists which are in demand as of January 2001; Reason for the decline in the demand for primary care physicians; Factors which might affect the supply and demand of specialists by 2010; Demographic trends on the...
- Study: Medical work force thriving in CNY. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);2/17/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1B
The article reports that according to a study, the number of physicians in New York State rose between 2000 and 2004, but growth in some upstate regions was slower. The study was conducted by the Center for Health Workforce Studies at the University of Albany and it examined the supply and...
- The Growing Proportion of Female Physicians: Implications for US Physician Supply. Kletke, Phillip R.; Marder, William D.; Silberger, Anne B. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar1990, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p300
Abstract: This study analyzes how the growing proportion of women in the United States physician population will affect the amount and type of physician services available to the US population. Female physicians work fewer hours per week, are slightly less likely to be in patient care, and tend...
- Leicestershire: Encouraging specialisation in a general practice. Thew, Ronald J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/27/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6320, p952
Focuses on encouraging specialization in a general practice in Leicestershire, England. Presentation of fields for specialization; Evaluation of facilities used for managing patients; Effectiveness of administering medical services to patients.
- The Return of the Family Doc? COMMINS, JOHN // HealthLeaders Magazine;Jan2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p57
The article reports on the growing interest in family medicine among fourth-year medical students in the U.S. According to the National Resident Matching program, 1,172 U.S. medical school seniors chose family medicine and 33 new family medicine residencies are offered nationwide. A report by...
- Doctor flood from Aussie a myth. Powell, Ian // New Zealand Doctor;12/5/2012, p38
The article discusses claims that medical graduates from Australia and specialists and other doctors from England will be a significant part of the solution to the specialist shortages in District Health Boards (DHBs). It cites the fact that all interns are expected to get a position at...
- Commentary on Medical Specialties. Wolf, Stewart // Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science;Oct-Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p311
Comments on medical specialties. Examples of traditional clinical specialties; First objective in medical practice diagnosis; Argument on detaching and isolating medical specialties; Information on specialists.
- The Gulfshore's TOP DOCTORS 2014. // Gulfshore Life;Jul2014 Supplement, p44
No abstract available.
- THE PROCESS. // Gulfshore Life;Jul2014 Supplement, p46
No abstract available.