New York Power Authority weighs $1.6 billion refunding of all its bonds
- Muni Market Set for LIPA, Hawaii Institutional Pricings. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/15/2015, p1
Municipal bond traders are set for the institutional pricings on Thursday of deals from New York's Long Island Power Authority and the state of Hawaii.
- Muni Prices Weaken; $1B LIPA Deal Hits the Screens. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/15/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were weaker at mid-session, traders said, as the $1 billion deal from New York's Long Island Power Authority came to market as did a $748 million offering from Hawaii
- N.Y. power agency's $506 million deal would be biggest tax-exempt swap. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p1
Focuses on the New York Power Authority's plan to enter into a tax-exempt municipal swap worth $506 million. Refinancing of a complicated portfolio of outstanding bonds; Forward starting interest-rate swaps to hedge some of the potential interest-rate risk associated with the refinancing;...
- Power Authority will open garage to moviegoers. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p12
Reports on New York State Power Authority's plans for constructing a parking garage to accommodate the moviegoers at Regal Cinemas Inc. Business hours; Common Council's plans for holding a public hearing.
- Authority plan ok'd. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p22
Reports that New York Power Authority trustees gave final approval to a rate plan for use of the transmission system, which will facilitate competition among wholesale electricity suppliers. Authorization for the filing of the open-access tariff with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by...
- Electric and magnetic fields: The Marcy-South decision. Poe Jr., W. Edward // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Provides information on the Marcy-South court decision regarding the health effects of electric and magnetic fields (EMF) of the Power Authority of the State of New York by plaintiff Mr. Zapavigma. Information on the Marcy-South litigation; How the Court did not sustain the plaintiff's attempt...
- Power Authority to outsource nuclear management services. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p11
Reports on the New York Power Authority's (NYPA) agreement to work toward outsourcing management services for its James A. Fitzpatrick nuclear power plant in Scriba and its Indian Point 3 plant in Westchester County. Expected signing of a five-year contract between NYPA and Entergy Corp.
- Power agency shifts gears. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/5/94, Vol. 233 Issue 27, p9
Reports on a staff recommendation for the consolidation of electric generation and marketing operations of the New York Power Authority. Establishment of an entity for managing transmission lines; Restoration of a power plant near Buchanan, New York.
- New executives named at Power Authority. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/29/97, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p9B
Presents the list of newly appointed executives at the New York Power Authority (NYPA) as of September 29, 1997. Includes appointment of Eugene W. Zeltmann as president and chief operating officer of NYPA; Appointment of David E. Blabey as secretary and general counsel; Promotion of Robert A....