D.C. Water Agency names underwriters
- D.C. Water-Sewer Agency Envisions $443M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p4
Reports the plan of the Water and Sewer Authority to issue a municipal bonds in Washington D.C. Proposal of the sewer-overflow program to the federal government; Construction of the underground tunnels; Improvement of the water quality standards.
- D.C. Water Authority Refunding $310M of Its Auction-Rate Debt. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p8
The article reports on the plans of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (WASA) to bring $310 million fixed-rate revenue refunding bonds to market joining refunding auction-rate securities. The Series 2008A bonds will refund Series 2004 subordinate-lien bonds and a part of its...
- Muni Funds Can Take The Spotlight by Buying Green. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;9/16/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34178, p1
The article reports on increase in issuance and sales of green bonds for funding sustainable and environmentally beneficial projects like energy efficiency in 2014. It noted that the sales of green bonds including municipal and other green bonds had increased in the first half of 2014 as...
- DC Water and Sewer Authority To Close On Historic Deal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34146, p1
The article focuses on the plans of the Washington, D.C.'s Water and Sewer Authority for the closure of the 450 million U.S. dollars of debt as of July 2014. Topics discussed include plans to close taxable century bond issuance and tax-exempt deal, support of Mark Kim, authority's chief...
- D.C. looks for new ways to solve CSOs. // Underground Construction;Jul2010, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the plan of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DCWSA) to design a deep tunnel system to solve the problems related to sewer overflows (CSOs).
- D.C. Water and Sewer Authority to vote on underwriting team. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30325, p5
Reports on the Washington D.C. Water and Sewer Authority's plan to vote on an underwriting team to handle its bond sales until the end of fiscal 1999. List of candidates being evaluated by the agency; Companies selected to handle the city's first-ever bond sale in April 1998; Preparations made...
- D.C. sewer authority may sell $400 million of debt in '98. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30198, p40
Reports on the plans of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority to sell up to $400 million in 30-year revenue bonds in early 1998. Ewing Capital Inc. and Wheat First Butcher Singer as financial advisers; Major issue affecting the size of the authority's first long-term capital...
- Sewer Overflow Plan To Cost Nearly $1.3B. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p5
Reports on the disclosure of the final version of the proposed combined sewer overflow program of the Water and Sewer Authority in Washington D.C. Possibility of municipal bond financing; Incorporation of tougher water-quality standards.
- OVERFLOW WORK NEEDS FUNDING. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p15
Reports the adoption of a plan to control combined sewer overflows by the Washington D.C. Water and Sewer Authority. Development of a system of deep tunnels to hold overflows; Reduction of discharge of stormwater and wastewater; Need for the approval of the local and federal government.