Florida raises estimated ridership for proposed high-speed railway
- Waterfront Line under gun. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/20/95, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the delay in the completion of Ohio's Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority's (RTA) Waterfront Line commuter rail project. RTA's goal of opening the rail line in time for the city's bicentennial celebration in the summer of 1996; Implications of pressure to complete the...
- Suburban railroad tracks short of demand. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;12/5/94, Vol. 17 Issue 49, pR4
Reports on the railroad industry of Chicago, Illinois. Employment; Business opportunities; Feedback from industry executives.
- Riding the rails in northwest Africa. Heise, Douglas // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 195, p19
Presents the author's experiences with riding a train car meant for carrying iron ore in northwest Africa.
- Pork main cargo of proposed train to Phoenix. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;03/23/98, Vol. 7 Issue 52, p5
Opinion. Focuses on the availability of federal money for building rail service between the cities of Tucson and Phoenix in Arizona. Construction costs of trains; Opposition to the idea of a rail service between the two cities.
- Trolleys embody promise of electric transit. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;08/31/98, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p21
Reports on the plan to build a high-speed rail link from Tucson to Phoenix, Arizona. Three ways to approach building a high-speed train; Public interest that could be generated by the project; Phases of running the trolleys.
- Long Island rail road facts. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p13
Provides background information on the railroad industry in Long Island, New York as of 1994. Number of people employed; Number of stations; Number of trains operating each weekday; Contact information.
- Railroad industry. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun92, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p59
Discusses how President George Bush established three emergency boards to re commend settlements of three major railroad disputes. Boards operate under provisions of the Railway Labor Act; Responsibilities; 30-day `cooling off' period; Machinists did not participate in the most recent round of...
- Railroader's library. Sebastian-Coleman, George // Model Railroader;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p74
Reviews books, photograph archive books and videos related to railroads and railroad models. EMD's SD60 Series from the editors of `Diesel Era' magazine; `Christmas Trains' video by Pentrex; `Great Northern Railway 1945-1970 Photo Archive' and `Milwaukee Road 1850-1960 Photo Archive' books from...
- Making history on the New England, Bershire & Western. Nehrich, John // Model Railroader;Nov97, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p74
Highlights the Rensselaer Model Railroad Society that has decided to model fictitious railroad, the New England, Bershire and Western. Number of layouts for project; Goal of society when constructing project; Project started in 1972; Detailed information on issue; Background information on...
- The Port Caribou RR & Western Navigation Co. Patterson, Dick // Model Railroader;Nov97, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p118
Details on the layout of the HO3 railroad, the fictitional Port Caribou RR and Western Navigation Company. Information pertaining to track and scenery.