New Mexico waits for highway bond package to take shape
- Garvees to aid Mississippi roads in sale full of firsts. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p28
Reports on Mississippi's plan to issue Garvee bonds to help finance a road-building program. Details of the proposed municipal bond issue; Security; Sale type; Date of sale; Ratings.
- Road bond questions persist among Kyle council. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);2/13/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 46, p1A
The article reports that citizens of Kyle, Texas wanted to know the specifics of the road bond worth $36 million that was presented by the city council for a vote.
- New Mexico Hits Market With $200 Million for Highways. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p6
Focuses on New Mexico State Highway Commission's issuance of senior subordinate-lien tax revenue bonds for highway projects in a negotiated deal led by Dain Rauscher Inc. List of projects that will be funded; Ratings from rating agencies; Professional services.
- Denver suburbs plan toll debt to step up road construction. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p5
Discusses the plans of suburb communities in Denver, Colorado to speed up road construction in the area by using toll bonds to complete an outer loop. Initiative made by two groups to continue the E-470 loop through Denver's northern suburbs; Reasons for completing the highway construction.
- Potholes remain for $400 million highway stretch of Dallas' Trinity project. Preston, Darell // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p3
Identifies reasons behind the delay in the construction of the Trinity Parkway in Dallas, Texas despite the voters' approval of a general bond obligation authority. Partition of the bonds' proceeds; Additional funding requirements of the project; Conflicts and disagreements confronting the...
- Bonds for privately built, state-owned toll road in Virginia ready for sale. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p30
Focuses on the construction of a state-owned but privately built highway on the South of Richmond, Virginia using $348 million of toll revenue bonds issued by the Pocahontas Parkway Association. Provision of Virginia's 1995 Public-Private Transportation Act; Advantages of allowing the...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p35
Reports on developments relevant to municipal bonds in the Far West region of the United States as of October 6, 2000. Approval by the Nevada Board of Finance of a bond offering to hasten the widening of Highway 95; Approval by Kenai Peninsula voters of a proposed bond issue for school repairs.
- Virginia Road Proposal Could Lead To $300 Million in Tax-Exempt Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p44
Focuses on a proposal from two private consortiums to build interchanges in Virginia. Possible issuance of tax-exempt tax district revenue bonds; Result of Virginia's Public Private Transportation Act; Chance for private companies to design, build, finance, and operate various transportation...
- Port St. Lucie, Fla., Readies $50M Portion of Road Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p3
Reports on the plan of Port St. Lucie, Florida to issue general obligation bonds in the bond market. Approval of the voters of the plan to build a road where the proceeds of the sale will be used; Bond insurers; Counsel for the bond.