FOLLOW THE KIWI
- BMI VIEW: ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p3
The article offers a look at the economic condition in Asia in January 2006. It provides information on the status of the Stock Exchange of Thailand Index. It reports on the challenges facing the Bangladesh government over its efforts to increase its economic growth rate. It identifies several...
- Asia Weathering The EM Correction. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/3/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the impact of the correction in emerging markets equities and currencies on Asian stock markets, currencies and bonds. Resistance faced by Japan's Nikkei; Factors that are supporting Asian currencies; Currencies that have held up well.
- Indonesia And Philippines The Most Precarious. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/20/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p7
This section offers news briefs on foreign and stock exchanges in Indonesia and the Philippines. Indonesia's Jakarta Stock Exchange (JSX) index declined by 13.7%, while the rupiah stood at IDR 9,440 per U.S. dollar. Meanwhile, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSEi) fell by 9.94% and the Philippine...
- South Korea: Further Upside Ahead For Won And Kospi. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/30/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the upside trend for South Korean won and kospi due to a net inflow of $575.2 million of foreign funds into the country's stock market between March 23-26, 2009. Analysts see the benchmark kospi to push above critical resistance at 1,230 while the won will break above key...
- Healthy Fundamentals Should Prevail. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
The article presents an analysis on the Asian stock markets. Although China, India, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam suffered from a sharp market correction in share prices, most of them has recouped some of their losses. However, they still subject to volatility because their currencies have...
- Reader Guide. // State Journal (WV);2/5/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p2
No abstract available.
- Kenyan Equities: 2,600 Looming. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/3/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p22
The article reports a 22.3 percent drop in the Nairobi Stock Exchange-20 equity index (NSE20) of Kenya since breaking through key support at 3,200 on October 8, 2008. Analysts warn that stocks prices may increase on the back of a short-term bounce in global equity markets. The factors which...
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p23
Presents statistics of the stock market performance of several countries as of August 2005. Foreign exchange rate of several national currencies; Benchmark Bradys and Eurobonds; Stock Market Local Index.
- Euroequity. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p88
Information on the term "euroequity" is presented. It refers to an international equity issue made on stock exchanges outside the country in which the company whose stock is being issued is based and denominated in a foreign currency. It is stated that the issue of equity in multiple currencies...