- Cochlear. Abernethy, Mark // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/7/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6450, p52
The article presents information on the status of business of Cochlear Corp. Simple numbers underpin the rise of Cochlear Corp., the global leader in cochlear implants for the seriously hearing-impaired. Founded in 1982 and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1995, its revolutionary...
- BUYERS GUIDE Early Intervention--Hearing. // ASHA Leader;2/17/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p39
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of companies selling early intervention hearing aids in the U.S. as of February 2004.
- New ear's resolution. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/23/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6258, p48
Discusses the fortunes of Australia-based hearing device firm Cochlear. Inventor of the bionic hearing implant; Value of Cochlear's shares; Patent infringement complaint filed by Advanced Bionics; History of antagonism between the two firms; Track record of Cochlear. INSET: Heart of hearing..
- Autodesk inventor of the month. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p4
The article features the recognition given to Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions by Autodesk in the U.S. The company has been named as the Autodesk inventor of the Month for February 2009 because it used Autodesk Inventor software in developing a digital prototype of Baha bone conduction hearing...
- Cochlear's new implant FDA approved for adults, children. Yoffee, Lynn // Medical Device Daily;9/10/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 174, p1
The article reports the Nucleus 5 System for adults and children suffering from severe-to-profound hearing loss has been given approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. It is noted that the device is the smallest, most water resistant sound processor developed by Cochlear....
- ASSISTIVE DEVICES: Cochlear. // Canadian Hearing Report;2014 Hearing Products Review, p15
The article offers brief information on two assistive listening devices from the company Cochlear including the BahaÂ® 4 system and the NucleusÂ® System.
- Zarlink develops chips for digital hearing aids. // Electronics Weekly;10/29/2003, Issue 2121, p8
The article reports on the development of integrated circuits for digital hearing aids by Zarlink Semiconductor. The complementary metal oxide semiconductor process is used in manufacturing mixed signal application specific integrated circuits in Great Britain. The low supply voltage is integral...
- Audiology Communication Aids Hearing Instruments. // ASHA Leader;3/30/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p17
This article presents a buyers guide for audiology communication aids hearing instruments. The guide provides a list of manufacturers along with their websites and the products available with them. The hearing aids are classified as disposable/starter, implantable, softshell, other, audio/visual...
- The Development of the Nucleus Freedom Cochlear Implant System. Patrick, James F.; Busby, Peter A.; Gibson, Peter J. // Trends in Amplification;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p175
Cochlear Limited (Cochlearâ„¢) released the fourth-generation cochlear implant system, NucleusÂ® Freedomâ„¢, in 2005. Freedom is based on 25 years of experience in cochlear implant research and development and incorporates advances in medicine, implantable materials, electronic...