Secrets of a Happy Marriage
- Nissan: Light at the End of Its Tunnel? McCormick, John // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jul2000, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the partnership formed by Japanese car maker Nissan with Renault. Revival plan proposed by Renault's chief executive officer Carlos Ghosn; Plans of Nissan to sell sport utility vehicles outside the United States.
- Suppliers exploit Renault-Nissan tie-up. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;12/3/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the automobile suppliers that took advantage of the tie-up between Nissan Motor and Renault. Acquisition of Robert Bosch to stakes at Japan's Zexel; Agreement between Brose and Shiroki; Joint venture formed by VoestAlpine and Kobe Steel.
- Ultimate Nissan-Renault synergy? Ghosn. Kohn, Joe // Automotive News;4/29/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5981, p2
Reports on the partnership between Nissan Motor Co. with Renault SA in the U.S. Assessment of the vehicle platforms; Maintenance of daily operations; Terms of the agreement.
- A revived Nissan could help Renault. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News International;Jul2001, p50
Reports the partnership between Nissan Motor Co. and Renault. Goal of the partnership; Comparison of the market performance of DaimlerChrysler with the performance of Renault and Nissan; Background of the companies.
- Renault-Nissan seeks â‚¬1.5 billion in savings. // Automotive Engineer;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that the alliance between Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. has appointed a team to create additional savings in Europe. It states that powertrains will allow both companies to generate over â‚¬289 million worth of savings. The companies will also share more engines to...
- Renault tops automaker group--and it's all thanks to Nissan. de Saint-Seine, Sylviane // Automotive News Europe;7/28/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p17
Focuses on the performance of Renault in automobile manufacturing in the second quarter of 2003. Contribution of the Nissan partnership to the performance of the company; Increase in the operating profit of Nissan for fiscal 2002 ending March 31, 2003; Decrease in the sales of Renault in the...
- Ghosn will go slow at Renault. Bongard, Arjen // Automotive News;6/6/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6151, p28
The article reports that just weeks after adding the Renault CEO duties to Carlos Ghosn's role as Nissan CEO, Ghosn played down speculation that the nature of the Renault-Nissan alliance would change soon. Renault SA owns 44 percent of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., and Nissan owns 15 percent of...
- Renault and Nissan in Mexican alliance. // Fleet Owner;Feb2000, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p86
Reports on the production alliance of France's Renault SA with Japan's Nissan Motor Co. to manufacture cars in Mexico. Amount Renault will invest in the venture; Market share of Nissan in Mexico; Other vehicle makers planning to invest in Mexico production.
- Nissan board gives OK to explore alliance with GM. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jul2006, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the board of directors of Nissan Motor Co. has approved exploratory discussions on a potential three-way alliance with General Motors Corp. (GM) and Renault SA. Carlos Ghosn, chief executive of Nissan and Renault has expressed interest in acquiring a stake in GM. The...