When to Disclose an Illness
- shadowram. // CRN;9/11/2006, Issue 1211, p62
The article focuses on the Hewlett-Packard (HP) Co. board of directors' scandal on "pretexting" practice in the U.S. The controversy started when chairman Patricia Dunn hired outside "counsel" to investigate leaks by the HP's board. These investigators hired by Dunn used ethically questionable...
- Dunn's HP role rare for asset managers. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;2/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the rise of Patricia C. Dunn to non-executive chairman of Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP), which is a rarity in the money management industry. Dunn, who was named an HP director in 1998 when she was chairman and chief executive officer of Barclays Global Investors, San Francisco,...
- HP Names New CEO. // Electronic News;4/4/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Reports on the appointment of Mark Hurd as CEO and president at Hewlett-Packard in 2005. Career background; Basis for the selection of Hurd; Views of non-executive chairman Patricia Dunn on Hurd.
- Things That Make You Cringe. Cringeley, Robert X. // InfoWorld;12/18/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p6
The article provides information on executives in the U.S. high technology industry who are considered by the "InfoWorld" management to have morally obtuse, offensive and noxious behavior. Among the executives cited is Hewlett-Packard Board Chairperson Patricia Dunn. Dunn is alleged to had been...
- HP's Chair Steps Down. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/18/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p27
The article reports on the plan of Patricia Dunn to resign from her post as chairwoman of Hewlett-Packard Co. The company is now also under investigation by the U.S. Attorney Office for Northern California and the FBI. Dunn has faced numerous calls to resign since the investigation became public.
- A silver lining in HP's woes. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2006, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p174
The article reports on the impact of the resignation of chairwoman Patricia Dunn of Hewlett-Packard Co. who is involved of using dubious tactics to deal with boardroom leaks, on the company. Investigators had obtained personal ID information and used it to gain copies of confidential telephone...
- Ex-HP Chair Patricia Dunn dies at 58. // Flare (Pakistan);1/15/2012, p66
An obituary of former Hewlett-Packard Co. chairwoman Patricia Dunn is presented.
- WHY CARLY'S OUT. Saporito, Bill; Taylor, Chris; Locke, Laura A.; Fonda, Daren; Thottam, Jyoti // Time;2/21/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the dismissal of Hewlett-Packard (HP) CEO Carly Fiorina. Details of Fiorina's performance as CEO at HP; Impact of criticism of Fiorina's leadership from HP's board of directors; Comments of chairwoman Patricia Dunn on the board's decision to dismiss Fiorina; Details of HP's role in the...
- One Small Step for Women? Thottam, Jyoti; Taylor, Chris // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/21/2005, Issue 7, p48
The article focuses on Carly Fiorina, the former chief executive officer of Hewlett-Packard Co. Fiorina was one of just eight women chief executive officers of a FORTUNE 500 company. She took the same risks as her male counterparts and met the same fate. Patricia C. Dunn, who took over as the...