Envy Is Bad Economics
- Provincial. // Canadian Economic Observer;Apr2002 Statistical Summary, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p55
Presents charts and graphs depicting provincial economics. Provincial gross domestic products; Provincial labor force estimates; Provincial employment and earnings.
- BUSINESS OUTLOOK. // BRW;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p31
Cites the results of a study pertaining the economy and productivity of Australia. Improved growth efforts compared to the U.S. during the 1990s; Increased gross domestic product; Growth in productivity.
- Confidence in Germany Stronger. // World Trade;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on Germany's economy as of July 2000. Wage settlements in the country; First quarter gross domestic product; Impact of the euro to the country's economy.
- The influence of terrorist attacks on Gross Domestic Product and the study of critical infrastructures security. Voinescu, George Viorel; Stancu, Stelian // 5th International Conference on Applied Statistics;2010, p1
The article discusses the study which determines the impact of terrorist attacks on the country's gross domestic product (GDP) and infrastructure security. The researchers have presented the economic costs of terrorism and its influence on political and economic growth at the European level. The...
- High Inflation and Real Wages. Braumann, Benedikt // IMF Staff Papers;2004, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p123
Empirical data show that real wages fall sharply during periods of high inflation. This paper suggests a simple general equilibrium explanation, without relying on nominal rigidities. It presents an intertemporal two-sector model with a credit channel of monetary transmission. In this setting,...
- Greece -- Grï¿½ce. // Quarterly National Accounts -- Comptes nationaux trimestriels;2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 2, p155
Presents a series of tables showing the gross domestic product by type of expenditure of Greece from 1992 to 2005. Export of goods and services; Private final consumption expenditure; Gross fixed capital formation; Compensation of employees.
- Ireland -- Irlande. // Quarterly National Accounts -- Comptes nationaux trimestriels;2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 2, p179
Presents a series of tables showing the gross domestic product by type of expenditure of Ireland from 1992 to 2005. Export of goods and services; Private final consumption expenditure; Gross fixed capital formation; Compensation of employees.
- The two waves of service-sector growth. Eichengreen, Barry; Gupta, Poonam // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p96
Although the positive association between the service sector share of output and per capita income is one of the best-known regularities in all of growth and development economics, there is less than complete agreement on the nature of that association. We identify two waves of service sector...
- THE EFFECTS OF ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL FACTORS ON TERRORISM: AN AGGREGATED PANEL ANALYSIS. AKDEDE, Sacit Hadi; ÇETİNKAYA, İbrahim; ÖRGÜN, Orhan // Journal of Academic Studies;may-tem2015, Vol. 17 Issue 65, p51
This paper investigates, in an aggregate sense, the possible effects of some economic and political factors on terrorism. Terrorism is represented by two measurable variables: terror incidents and the number of fatalities. Most economic and political factors affect both terror incidents and the...