- CGT: Inflationary gains. // Accountancy;Apr1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1064, p5
Reports that the British Chancellor has proposed that the calculation of capital gains should take into account the rate of inflation. Allowable expenditures for disposals made after April 1, 1982; Time of computing tax relief.
- Inflation and capital gains taxes in a small open economy. Ka Yui Leunga, Charles; Zhang, Guang-Jia // International Review of Economics & Finance;2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p195
Inflation distorts an economy through many channels. This paper highlights the interaction between inflation and capital gains tax and their distortions to a small open economy through the financial market. This research captures several observations. First, capital formation or investment is an...
- No Taxes For Israeli VCs After two years of lobbying, Israel suspends capital gains tax. Primack, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/1/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 36, pN.PAG
Reports on the suspension of capital gains tax against foreign investors in Israel-based venture capital funds by the government of Israel. Difficulties faced by the venture fund managers in convincing foreign investors; Problems faced by the investors during transactions; Reluctance of the...
- Keep capital gains tax rate where it is. Brennan, James // Hill;2/13/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p27
The article argues against the decision of the U.S. government to raise capital gains tax without considering what investors want.
- End-year action for investors. // Accountancy;Mar1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1099, p44
Discusses the factors that should be considered by investors in Great Britain to minimize capital gains tax on their shares dealings. Use of exemption; Losses; Gilts; Held over relief; Loan stocks; Indexation.
- Taking profits. Freeman, Peter // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2009, Issue 118, p14
The article offers tips on how to take profits while minimizing capital gains tax. The taxable gain made from the sale of assets held for less than 12 months can be reduced by deducting losses. investors should not apply for the 50% discount when applied to gains qualified for the tax. This...
- Tax, statement on compulsory purchase. // Accountancy;Feb1972, Vol. 83 Issue 954, p90
Presents a statement made by the District Valuer on behalf of the Board of Inland Revenue of Great Britain about the liability to tax of compensation for temporary loss of profits and the allowability for tax of reimbursed removal expenses as of February 1973. Compensation for temporary loss of...
- Fidelity's Kennedy calls for calm if CGT rate rises. Stodell, Hannah // Money Marketing;3/11/2010, p7
The article reports on the urge of Paul Kennedy, Fidelity International head of tax and trusts planning, for investors not to be frightened if the Budget will rise in the rate of capital gains tax in Great Britain in 2010.
- VCs Want Tax Break. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/29/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Focuses on the request made by the U.S. venture capital industry to the government to reduce capital gains tax. Provision of extra incentives to venture capitalists by reducing the tax; Details of an economic stimulus package proposed by House Republicans; Benefits of tax cuts for venture...