Ohio voters to say whether state can sell debt for schools
- Deal preview: $250 million Florida sale waiting for favorable market. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p2
Reports on the Florida State Board of Education's plan to sell $250 million of tax-exempt debt in August 1997. Agency's hopes for favorable market conditions.
- Extra insurance pays off for Michigan schools. Keeton, Ann // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p2
Reports on the sale by the Rochester, Michigan, School District of $100.6 million of general obligation unlimited-tax school building and site bonds.
- Election results. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p16
Reports on voters' decision to reject on August 12, 1997 a municipal bond issue that would have financed the construction of an elementary school in Iowa.
- May Ballots. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p33
Reports on the call from school districts, cities and special districts for voters approval of bond measures in Oregon. Value of general obligation bonds for the renovation of instructional facilities; Use of the bond proceeds; Percentage of likely voters to approve the bond measure.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p20
Reports on bonds issued by cities and school districts in the United States in May 2000. Bonds issued by the City of Ankeny, Iowa, by Eastern Iowa Community College, Bay City School District in Michigan and others; Amount of bonds; Yield rates; Due dates; Other features.
- Marana faces bond vote. // Inside Tucson Business;06/02/97, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the decision by the Marana School Board in Arizona to schedule an election authorizing a bond issue. Approval resulting in an increase in yearly tax; Uses for the fund.
- West Virginia county girds for ballot battle. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p2
Focuses on the preparation of Kanawha County, West Virginia Board of Education for a $98 million bond ballot battle. Efforts to beat back an anti-tax group's campaign to stop a school construction initiative; Demographic shift that has caused the significant enrollment decline in the county's...
- More area schools, cities issuing bonds. Stoffer, Jason // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the trend toward higher bond ratings and lower interest rates that allow more Detroit, Michigan schools to issue bonds. Total public debt issued in Michigan in 1998; Benefit of the issuance of more debt by school boards and municipalities to taxpayers.
- Unimaginable Arrogance. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the Comal Independent School District's $75 million bond package that would be spent on athletics and non-academic items.
- Ohio Voters Pass $700M of Job GOs; Michigan, Indiana OK School Debt. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;5/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33312, p32
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the approval of 700 million dollars worth of new-money general obligation (GO) bonds by Ohio voters to fund jobs program, the school bond requests approved by Michigan voters, and the approval to shift money from capital budget to general fund...