Washington state's treasurer wants a broad-daylight bond business
- Bidders Break Record. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Focuses on the bonds sold by Washington in three competitive auctions on August 17, 2005. Remarks of state Treasurer Michael Murphy regarding the success of the competitive auctions; Total amount raised by the state from the auctions.
- Record Rates. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p33
Reports that two of the three bond deals competitively sold on February 3, 2004 were issued at the lowest interest rates in 35 years, according to U.S. Treasurer Michael J. Murphy. Total amount of general obligation bonds issued by the state; Merrill Lynch & Co.'s success in winning both issues.
- How to have an extraordinary life. Leonard, G. // Psychology Today;May92, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p42
Presents an interview with Michael Murphy, on his new book `The Future of the Body.' On evolution of the body; What he means by human attributes; Whether he is stepping outside the boundaries of hard science; `Metanormal'; Optimism; How we begin to recognize the extraordinary; More. INSET: We...
- Music producer hits a high note. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/21/94, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p1
Profiles music producer Michael Murphy from New Orleans, Louisiana. Efforts for the recognition of New Orleans music; Specialty in producing live music for television and festival production; Planned performances in Japan.
- Tech talk. Wolff, M.F. // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p5
Presents a quote from `California Technology Stock Letter' magazine publisher Michael Murphy on changes in the American economic model.
- An ace analyst says get out of hot stocks and funds--now! Edgerton, J. // Money;Aug1990, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p26
Interviews analyst Michael Murphy, who explains why he feels the stock market isn't a good place to invest right now. Economy and budget deficit; Advice for stock and mutual fund investors.
- Final say. // Golf World;2/9/96, Vol. 49 Issue 27, p13
Presents a quotation by author Michael Murphy concerning his Ambassador of Golf Award from the California Golf Writers Association.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.