Wisconsin cracks down on recycling mandates
- Ban aiding recyclers. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;08/24/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p13
Offers information on how Wisconsin's 1995 ban on landfilling paper has benefited recyclers. Comments from Brian Fielkow, chief operating officer of Milwaukee-based Peltz Group Inc.; Competition cited in the recycling industry; Decrease in competition from the solid waste collection industry;...
- Meeting the federal paper standard. // BioCycle;Aug96, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the 20-percent postconsumer purchasing standard for printing and writing paper adopted by President Bill Clinton's Administration is set to increase to 30 percent by yearend 1998. Standard for states to follow; Recycled products procurement program; Trends emerging from a study...
- Recycled paper production cuts toxics. // Environmental Action;Winter95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the environmental benefits to be derived from the production of recycled paper compared to the manufacture of paper products from virgin wood fiber. Toxic substances generated by recycled paper mills; Pulp and paper industry as one of the dirtiest industries in the country;...
- Clinton orders government to use recycled products. // International Wildlife;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p25
Reports on President Bill Clinton's executive order requiring government agencies to buy recycled paper and other recycled products. Victory for the National Wildlife Federation and other environmental groups; Mandate on purchase of recycled motor oil and retreading of tires.
- Forcing the fed's to buy recycled. // Environmental Action;Summer93, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the White House Office of Environmental Policy's request for the advice of Environmental Action Foundation's (EFA) Sold Waste Alternative Project in its efforts to establish procurement guidelines for paper purchases by the federal government. Issuing executive orders dealing with...
- Gov't signs cooperation agreement with Prinzhorn group. // Hungary A.M.;2/20/2014, p5
The article reports on the strategic cooperation agreement between Hungary's government and Austrian paper group Prinzhorn for waste paper recycling in Hungary on February 19, 2014.
- New York State judge promotes use of recycled paper. LaLonde, Suzanne // Business Journal (Central New York);02/04/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the administrative order issued by the Chief Administrator of the New York State Court System on the use of recycled paper for documents. Compliance of law firms; Recycling and waste reduction initiatives undertaken; Volume of paper used by lawyers in the state; Problems with using...
- President amends executive order. // Pulp & Paper;Jun96, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p23
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's amendment of his 1993 executive order governing recycled content in printing/writing grades purchased by certain government agencies. Provisions removed by the amendments; Rationale behind the changes; Applications of the amendments.
- Recycler to peers: Say no to landfill paper ban. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p12
Presents the comments of George B. Elder, head of government affairs for the Paper Stock Industries Chapter of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, about the disadvantage of banning paper from landfills for recycling efforts in the United States. Importance of flexible landfilling...