- South Missouri. Hull, Jonathan R. Watts // State Government News;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 9, pX11
Provides information on the Waste Tire to Energy Program, a recycling program in Missouri that turns tires into fuel. State government agencies that developed the program; Benefits of the program; Annual operating costs of the program; Impact on private contractors who collect waste tires and...
- U.S. gains in tire recycling. // Tire Business;5/21/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Reports the gains generated in recycling waste tires in the U.S.
- Recycled tires in road construction. // BioCycle;Jul95, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p27
Reports on the receipt of grants by four Indiana county highway departments to test crumb rubber in road construction during 1995 under the Tire Recycling Market Development Program. Test sites to be monitored until the year 2000 to evaluate performance; Program's goal.
- Puncturing the scrap tire problem. Steuteville, Robert // BioCycle;Oct95, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p51
Reports on the development of technology, infrastructure and markets to utilize used tires in the United States. Increased diversion coming from tire derived fuel; Combination of collection and processing; Expansion of scrap tire use; Companies that reflect the growing market for turning scrap...
- Regulatory overview for scrap tires. // BioCycle;Mar1996, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on Recycling Research Institute's publication entitled `State Scrap Tire Management Programs' on efforts to recycle scrap tires in the United States. State legislative activity; Other points of interest; Contact information.
- Good year for tire recovery. M.F. // BioCycle;Mar1996, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the diversion of waste tires from landfills in the United States. Ground rubber products; Compost bulking agent; Regional markets; Applications for recycled scrap tires.
- Tire recovery reaches all-time high. // BioCycle;Sep97, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the record increase in the use of scrap tires in 1996. Attribution of increase to growth in the use of tire-derived fuel since 1994; Industrial applications of scrap tires.
- Recycling wood and tires at a transfer station. Farrell, Molly // BioCycle;Apr98, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p77
Describes the state-of-the-art tire recycling factory at the Davis Transfer Station in San Leandro, California. Position of the operators in the tire recycling industry; Systems employed in the production plant; Capacity of the plant.
- Disposal options for used tires. Bruening, John C. // Pit & Quarry;Mar96, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p46
Looks at the disposal and recycling options for used tires. Retreading of existing tires; Shredding of tires that cannot be saved; Use of tires as an alternative fuel source.