- Controlling leachate when your juice gets loose. Dunson, Cheryl L. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p28
Discusses political, regulatory and demographic limitations that have posed significant demands on landfill managers' abilities to cope with leachate treatment and disposal. Subtitle D regulations on various landfill standards; Association of stigmas and political problems on the disposal of...
- System evaporates landfill's leachate. Leonard, John // Waste News;09/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the development of a leachate evaporation system by Emcon company, that reduces leaching problems at solid waste landfills. Information on the system; Insight on the use of the system by USA Waste Services Incorporated's Olympic View landfill; Details on the reviewing of the system...
- Laundering leachate. Dunson, Cheryl // World Wastes;May97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p73
Part IV. Focuses on sanitary landfill owners' management strategies to minimize generation rates and disposal costs in the dilution and purification of leachate. Use of Rochem Separation Systems' reverse osmosis treatment system in Habersham County in Georgia; Leachate disposal at the Orchard...
- Lay leachate lay. Doran, Fred // Waste Age;Apr99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p74
Describes approaches in recirculating leachate in sanitary landfills in the United States. Acceleration of waste biodegradation; Ways to reapplying leachate; Pipe networks used to recirculate leachate; Cost savings from leachate recirculation. INSETS: Recirculation's upside;Recirculation's...
- Unusual calcite stromatolites and pisoids from a landfill leachate collection system. Maliva, Robert G.; Missimer, Thomas M. // Geology;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p931
Examines the low-magnesium calcite stromatolites and pisoids from a landfill leachate collection system in Palm Beach County, Florida. Structural formations of stromatolites and pisoids; Role of bacteria in calcite crystal nucleation; Effects of bacteria-catalyzed calcite precipitation on...
- Influence of Seasonal Variation onthe Biophysicochemical Properties of Leachate and Groundwater in Cebu City Sanitary Landfill, Philippines. Galarpea, V. R. K.; Parilla, R. B. // International Journal of Chemical & Environmental Engineering;Jun2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p175
Characterization of leachate and groundwater composition in Cebu City Sanitary Landfill, Central Philippines has been studied during wet and dry seasons. Selected bio-physicochemical parameters were assessed for temperature, pH, electrical conductivity EC, TDS, TSS, TS, DO, BOD5, COD, coliform...
- Ill. landfill worries EPA. // Waste News;03/15/99, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p23
Reports that the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has hired a contractor to start pumping leachate out of the Paxton II landfill beginning March 15, 1999.
- Biological treatment of landfill leachate. Golueke, Clarence // BioCycle;Sep95, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p28
Presents an abstract of the article `Behavior of heavy metals in activated sludge and biological treatment of landfill leachate,' by F.G. Avezzu et al as published in volume 13 of `Waste Management & Research' periodical published in 1995.
- Md. county hopes to make landfill bioreactor. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p11
Discloses plans of the Carroll County Commission in Maryland to convert its landfill into a bioreactor designed to use its own leachate to accelerate decomposition. United States Environmental Protection Agency ruling on leachate circulation systems; Cost savings.