- JumboSports get serious. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p170
Features the JumboSports sporting-goods store in Tampa, Florida. Core market; Description of the store's interiors; Features of the main entrance; Designer; Heavy use of photos and images depicting athletes. INSET: Playing to the beat.
- Deliveries: It's not independents' day. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 56, p11
Discusses the problems faced by independent retail stores in the United States in placing orders for sporting goods from major retailers. Shipping delays for reorder deliveries; Increase in market share of sporting goods and athletic footwear market; Stores' commitment to carrying big brands.
- Fresno's Dick's Sporting Goods open. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/10/2011, p6
The article reports that the retail store, Dick's Sporting Goods, has opened on June 8, 2011 in Fresno, California.
- Sports chains opt for safe game plan. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the opening of retail stores by the Phoenix, Arizona-based sporting goods chain, Gart Sports Inc. Corporate growth strategy; Strategies to leverage expenses and maximize profits; Financial performance for the year 2003; Implications for the sporting goods industry.
- GOLF CLUB SHIPPING SERVICES. Sirak, Ron; Russell, Geoff; Murphy, Tim // Golf World;4/19/2002, Vol. 55 Issue 38, p24
Deals with the service and product offerings of ShipGolf, a retail store at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. Web site address of the store; Customer service options.
- Philadelphia By The Numbers. // SGB;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p22
Presents statistics about the sporting goods industry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Potential sporting goods sales in the market; Total number of sporting goods stores; Attendance at professional sports events in the city.
- Sportmart pins hopes on new prototype. // Discount Store News;11/4/96, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p3
Describes the remodeled store of Sportmart in Lombard, Illinois. Test prototype for a new concept in sporting goods stores; Attempting to improve the company's stock on Wall Street; Changes made in the store.
- Shelter Street & Skate. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2008 Buyer's Guide, p40
The article features Shelter Street & Skate shop in Orange County, California. It has created a home for core skaters of all ages and skill levels. Shelter is not a marl shop or a boutique but a real skate experience with a community atmosphere. In addition to a great hard goods selection there...
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.