- Grins and Gripes. Dorn, Jonathan // Backpacker;Mar2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on modern technology trends in outdoor sporting goods and another on the innovative development of sport gear with zero environmental impact.
- Hunter Douglas Contract's. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p38
The article informs that Hunter Douglas Contract's GreenScreen fabrics are PVC-free fabrics made for solar control systems. GreenScreen fabrics are available in five levels of openness and are FR rated to meet requirements in both North America and Europe.
- Milliken & Company's. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p38
This article informs that Milliken & Co.'s new fabric collection, DIVISIONS, includes fabrics for hotel air walls that contain plush knit velvet patterns. This new line has nine patterns and nine colorways and uses StainSmart and AlphaSan, two of Milliken's fabric technologies.
- Brentano Inc.'s. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p38
This article informs that Brentano Inc.'s new Destination Collection of fabrics, designed by Iris Wang, incorporates the different regions she traveled. Penang, Nara, and Ionia are among nine patterns, which are stain resistant and use Crypton and InterVene finishes.
- Icy Hot. // DNR: Daily News Record;1/22/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p60
The author focuses on Reflexion, the new version of Sympatex fabric being introduced at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in Salt Lake City, Utah. The heat-reflecting fabric returns about 75% of body heat and is available in versions, such as stretch fleece and a digitized camouflage print. It...
- PRIMALOFT GOES GREEN. // SGB;Jul2007, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p16
The article announces that PrimaLoft Insulation Technology, a trademark of Albany International Corp., has developed PrimaLoft Recycled, an earth-friendly product used for insulation in sleeping bags, outerwear, and footwear. The insulation has been adopted by outdoor equipment companies Big...
- Predictions for 2012 and beyond. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses the predictions made by David Parkes, the president of Concept III in the possibilities for the outdoor market for the year 2012. He noted that the outdoor market sector will continue to enjoy its success as it did in 2011. He added that design will play an important role...
- INNOVATIONS. // AATCC Review;May2007, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p18
This article presents examples of various innovations within the textile industry. Deerfield Urethane has created the Durflex X2103, an aromatic polyether polyurethane, with a flame retardant. Climashield's outdoor gear product, the Climashield Green, is made from recycled materials and...
- DO CONSUMERS LEVY A "Sustainability Penalty" ON CERTAIN GOODS? Crain, Elayne // Texas Magazine;Spring/Summer2010, p5
The article discusses a study that examined the discrepancy between the number of people who say they want to buy green products and those who actually do.