Burton Acquires Channel Islands Surfboards
- Best Stuff Of The Year 2010. Schierlitz, Tom // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec2010, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p87
The article previews the Channel Islands Stand-Up Caddi from Channel Islands Surfboards.
- Surf's up! Stand-up paddle boards take off. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;3/10/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the revival of sale of stand-up paddle (SUP) boards in the U.S. Scott Martinson, product manager of Channel Islands Surfboards said that they are introducing a 10-foot-long, ultralight, 20-pound SUP board for $1,700. Whereas, Hobie Surfboards' SUP boards have a...
- Onward Christian Surfers. Berkshire, Geoffrey // Variety;4/5/2004 VLife Supplement, Vol. 394 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the decision of Al Merrick to advertise the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ" instead of his company Channel Island Surfboards in the April 2004 issue of the "Surfer" magazine. Description of the advertisement; Comment from Merrick.
- BURTON COURTS WOMEN WITH WEST COAST FLAGSHIP. Tran, Khanh T. L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/29/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 114, p10
The article reports on the opening of the store of Burton Snowboards in Los Angeles, California. The store devotes as much as 20 percent of the sales floor to women's and highlights more than a half-dozen Burton-owned brands, including Gravis sneakers, Anon sunglasses and AK tech-oriented...
- Small Surfboard Firms Try to Stay Afloat. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p1
Reports that several small surfboard companies are being acquired by big corporations in order to survive in the United States. San Diego, California-based small surfboard company Reef Holdings Corp. decision to be acquired by Greensboro, North Carolina-based apparel company VF Corp.; Y...
- WHAT'S YOUR BOARD OF CHOICE? // TransWorld Business;Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p24
The article lists the surfboard choices of various members including Scott Anderson, general manager of the company Channel Islands Surfboards, Jim Leasure, owner of the company Quiet Flight Surfboards and Rusty Preisendorfer, founder of the company Rusty Surfboards.
- Now Boarding. Diaconescu, Sorina // Los Angeles Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p60
The article highlights the opening of the new 11,500 square feet flagship store of snowboard maker Burton in Los Angeles, California. The store offers a range of sporting brands that the company has created or bought including the Analog skatewear and the Channel Islands surfboards. It mentions...
- Chairman of the Board. Ryan, Oliver // Fortune;4/2/2007, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p30
The article presents biographical information about Jake Burton Carpenter, the founder and chairman of Burton Snowboards. In 1977 Burton left his job at an investment firm to develop the snowboard into a sporting good to rival snow skis. The author also relays Burton's perspective on running the...
- NEW BRIEFS. // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p14
The article offers news briefs related to the sporting goods industry. Burton Snowboards has appointed Gabrielle Sampietro as vice president of apparel. Adidas America is moving its corporate accounting and financial services division to the Reebok headquarters in Massachusetts. Fleet Feet, Inc....