Giro Moves From Heads to Toes
- Banking On Young Men's Companies Staying Strong. YOUNG, VICKI M. // DNR: Daily News Record;2/7/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p50
The article looks at the prospects of young men's wear manufacturers in the U.S. in light of losses and business closures in the sporting goods and footwear markets. Analysts say that the young men's market still offers opportunities for firms with the right products, particularly streetwear....
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- Surfwear Firms Ready to Strut Stuff at ASR Show. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;09/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the 2000 Action Sports Retailer trade show for the apparel and sporting goods industries to be held in Laguna Beach, California. Highlights of the events; Apparel companies planning to exhibit their products during the event.
- Key Facts. // Reebok International, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jan2007, p4
Key facts about Reebok International Ltd. which is engaged in the design, marketing and distribution of sports, fitness and casual footwear, apparel and equipment, are presented. Address and contact information is given, as well as statistics on revenues, financial year end data and number of...
- NIKE. Gandel, Stephen // Money;May2004, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p104
Earlier in 2004, Nike began selling trench coats, halter tops and miniskirts at high-end retailers, and it plans to roll out a beachwear line for summer. Nike has long had a side business in athletic clothing, but recently, apparel and sporting equipment such as soccer balls have become more...
- CHAPTER 1: Introduction. Shishoo, R. // Textiles in Sports;2005, p1
This article presents chapter one of the book "Textiles in Sports," edited by R. Shishoo. The chapter is entitled "Introduction". It deals with innovations in textile fibers and textile materials for sportswear, design considerations in sportswear/footwear, sportswear and comfort, protection...
- CHAPTER 2: Market Overview. Buirski, D. // Textiles in Sports;2005, preceding p15
This article presents chapter two of the book "Textiles in Sports," edited by R. Shishoo. The chapter is entitled "Market Overview". It deals with market capacity, future market trends, and the market potential in China. The use of textile fabrics and textile fibers to service the sport market...
- Travel in Style. // Advantages Hot Deals;1/ 9/2013, Vol. 561, p2
The article offers information on the Victorinox Spectra Extra Capacity Carry-On suitcase from TRG Group.
- Sidelines. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 36, p10
Presents news on the sport clothes and sporting goods industry in the United States. Plans of specialty store chain Blades to open a store in Staten Island Mall; Features of the Action Sports Retailer Show; Inclusion of Magic Wear's president Richard Coleman in the motion picture `There's...