Hedge Fund Spies Asian Markets
- Weisel Eruption. // Traders Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 164, p6
Focuses on the investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners. Information on the acquisition of the Montgomery Securities, formerly owned by Weisel, by the Bank of America securities; Amount sought by the employees of Montgomery from Weisel for damages.
- Weisel Loses Two More Partners. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the developments at investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. Resignation of the company's partners David Castagna, David Hedley and Mark Shafir; Number of the company's transactions; Problems faced by the company; Partners appointed by the company.
- Roundup: West Coast Investment Bank Starts Covering REITs. // National Mortgage News;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the initiation of analyst coverage on real estate investment trusts by investment banking firm Thomas Weisel Partners in San Francisco, California. Concentration of the company in the retail property sector; Expectations of operations per growth of the real estate industry;...
- Thomas Weisel Partners: IPOs Are Not What Make Its Brokers Elite. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p28
Features investment banking firm Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. Average assets controlled by each Weisel financial advisor; Projection of Roy Corr, a firm partner and director of its private client group, for his team of advisors; Target customers of the company's retail financial advisors; Corr's...
- talent bank. Anders, George // Fast Company;Jan2001, Issue 42, p93
Presents an interview with Thomas Weisel, founder of Thomas Weisel Partners investment bank. Background of Weisel; Information on his experience and achievements in the field of investment banking; Reasons for the fast grow of Thomas Weisel Partners; Executive style of Weisel; Strategy in talent...
- Thomas Weisel Sold. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p22
The article reports that Thomas Weisel Partners Group will be acquired by Stifel Financial Corp. for around 300 million U.S. dollars in an all-stock transaction. The investment bank based in San Francisco, California, was named after its founder Thom Weisel. Stifel chairman and chief executive...
- An investment Bank Takes Shape Along the Mississippi. CODY, TAMIKA // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p38
The article reports on St. Louis, Mississippi-based Stifel Financial Corp., which runs a global wealth management business complemented by its institutional brokerage and an investment bank. Ron Kruszewski, chief executive officer (CEO) of Stifel, says the question that is facing his company is...
- Weisel, Sapient plan Internet initiative. // B to B;05/08/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the joint venture formed by San Francisco, California-based technology investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners and Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Web consulting and software firm Sapient.
- top of the news... // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p6
Presents news items from different companies in the U.S. as of September 2004. Reason of Thomas Weisel Partners for hiring senior bankers; Executives who joined Merrill Lynch in line with the replenishing of its media investment banking group; Partners of the private equity investor Sam Katz in...