Serving Up Style
- Extreme sports suit ASR. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/16/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 54, p10
Highlights the 1999 Action Sports Retailer Trade Expo held in San Diego, California. Popularity of activewear looks inspired by aggressive in-line skaters, surfers, skateboarders and BMX racers; Number of companies that participated in the exposition; Buyers' interest in the Body Glove bikinis.
- Designer Democracy: Rushing to Better for Big Volume and Riches. Larson, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/23/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the trends in fashion merchandising in the U.S. Designers' development of their sportswear line; Effects of economic conditions on the industry; Various labels' launch of better-priced lines to be more competitive; Insights on consumers' preference for value and identifiable trademark.
- GOOD SPORT. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/19/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 37, p2
Presents information on the popularity of athletic-inspired apparel, based on findings from Cotton Incorporated's Lifestyle MonitorTM tracking research as of August 19, 2004. Impact of athletic apparel on ready-to-wear collections; Background on color as key in an athletic look; Importance of...
- Get Moving! // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/19/2014, Vol. 208 Issue 126, p20
The article talks about the activewear movement and its sister classification ath-leisure. Topics include fashion designer Elie Tahari and her ath-leisure collection Elie Tahari Sport, fashion trends that emphasize fitness, and the rise of apparel like yoga pants which muscles in on casual...
- Lose the suit. Kate, Nancy Ten // American Demographics;Apr98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p31
Provides information on a survey on the trend of wearing casual clothes in the United States workplace. Statistical data; Implication of the trend to consumers and the clothing industry; Information resources.
- reader threads : tips, tricks of the trade and feedback. Corrow, Marjorie; Cartier, Liz; Schillinger, Leanne; Leap, Rose; Hirschhorn, Marc; Green, Jason // Stitches Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Corporate Casual Crackdown" in the December 2011 issue.
- Code breakers. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/24/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 56, p18
Describes trends in fashion, particularly for casual wear. Fashion as becoming item-based; Differences in casual styles for women and men; Views by several designers.
- Sportwool serves an ace for Grand Slam. // Indian Textile Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p123
The article presents an update on the developments in the Sportwool brand of The Woolmark Co. in January 2004. The Woolmark Co. has announced an exciting program for Sportwool. This follows months of working with Tennis Australia on a joint program between Sportwoolâ„¢ and the Australian...
- Comfort zone. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/18/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 32, p6
Focuses on the New York fashion collections of major designers for the 1999 fall season. Includes collections by fashion designers Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors; Emphasis on comfort clothes.