The Geography of War
Tags: IRAQ War, 2003-2011
- THIS IS BUSH'S WAR. Schneider, William // National Journal;3/29/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1022
Comments on the U.S. war with Iraq which started in March in 2003. Assessment of U.S. public support for the war; Casualty rate; Criticisms on the decision of President George W. Bush to declare war against Iraq; Factors that boost public support for the war.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;3/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p2
Presents various thoughts that came on March 19, the day of the war deadline of the U.S. against Iraq. Arguments and justifications for war; Questions about the legitimate use of force and how to respond to evil in the world; Role of the 'National Catholic Reporter.'
- The Fall of Baghdad. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;4/25/2003, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p2
No abstract available.
- READ THE TIME LINE. // Current Events;12/15/2006, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p8
A quiz concerning the U.S. military engagement in Iraq is presented.
- The War Was Never About Oil Profits. Rider, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p43
Comments on the truth behind the U.S.-led war in Iraq.
- Shock&awe. // Caribbean Business;3/27/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p24
No abstract available.
- Report From Iraq. // Junior Scholastic;10/15/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p4
The article presents information on various issues related to the Iraq War and the U.S. troops present in the country.
- Before Reading. // Junior Scholastic;11/12/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on the war between Iraq and the U.S., which started in March 2003.
- Assessing Bush's war. Brooks, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;4/3/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the U.S. attack on Iraq as of April 03, 2003. Execution of a relentless campaign of air strikes over Baghdad; Increase in American casualties; Afro-Americans who died in war; Failure of the coalition forces to control major Iraqi cities.
- War and peace. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/21/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on social implications of the U.S.-led war against Iraq. Target areas of the military attacks; Purpose of the war; Overview of the post-conflict reconstruction program in Iraq proposed by the U.S.