- San Diego Watercolor Society. // American Artist;Dec2005, Vol. 69 Issue 760, p10
This article announces the award winners recognized at the 25th Silver Celebration International Exhibition of the San Diego Watercolor Society in California. The society awarded more than $4,000 in prizes, including a $1,200 Best of Show award presented to Edward R. Weiss for his painting Ready...
- Watercolor West Announces Award Winners. // American Artist;Dec2005, Vol. 69 Issue 760, p14
This article announces the award winners recognized at an annual exhibition of Watercolor West at the Riverside Art Museum in Riverside, California. Approximately $12,000 in cash, merchandise, and purchase selections was awarded, including a First Place Award of $1,500, which was presented to...
- TWSA ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF ANNUAL JURIED EXHIBITION. // American Artist;Nov2004, Vol. 68 Issue 748, p8
Announces the winners of the 28th Annual Juried Exhibition of the Transparent Watercolor Society of America at the Elmhurst Art Museum in Elmhurst, Illinois on May 1-September 5, 2004. Title of the paintings and its painters; Cash prize.
- American Artist Medal. // American Artist;Jun1961, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p10
The article announces that the American Artist Medal of Honor was awarded to Carl Setterberg of New York City for his entry, "Passing Days," at the 94th Annual Exhibition of the American Watercolor Society from April 5-23, 1961.
- THE BUTLER INSTITUTE OF AMERICAN ART 68TH NATIONAL
MIDYEAR SHOW WINNERS. // American Artist;Nov2004, Vol. 68 Issue 748, p9
Announces the winners of the 68th National Midyear Juried Exhibition of the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. "Forest Mutation," by John R. Nativio; "Hog Island," by Richard Raiselis; "Fred Pablina," by Mitzura Salgian.
- Postcard Fromï¿½Banja Luka. Feffer, John // Foreign Policy in Focus;1/23/2009, p1
The article focuses on visual artist Mladen Miljanovic, who won the Bell Award in 2007 as the best young artist in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It narrates that the artist grew up during the wars that split apart Yugoslavia. It notes that his art appeared in his first one-man show entitled...
- Oil Painters of America. // American Artist;Mar2007, Vol. 71 Issue 774, p6
The article announces the award winners for the 2006 Western Regional Juried Exhibition held by the Oil Painters of America at Lee Youngman Galleries in Calistoga, California. Among the artists receiving awards were Clement Kwan, who won Best of Show for Square Dancing. Also receiving awards...
- Allied Artists of America 93rd Annual Exhibition. // American Artist;Mar2007, Vol. 71 Issue 774, p8
The article provides information on the 93rd annual exhibition held by the Allied Artists of America at the National Arts Club in New York City. The exhibition included 205 works, selected from more than 1,000 entries. A total of $20,000 in cash awards, as well as gold and silver medals, were...
- Newkirk, Kori. C. C. // Current Biography;Mar2008, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p61
A biography of Kori Newkirk, a mixed-media and installation artist, is presented. He was born in 1970 in New York City, New York and attended at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He gained his first critical notice in the group exhibition Freestyle at the Studio Museum in Harlem in...